Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum Editor block   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Oct-22 by YoungGandalf; 578 views.
Kidmagnet

Oct-22

Do you mean they cannot use the Chatroom commands? Or they cannot do so on the forum either?

Add a link to your forum so Delphi staff can check your settings please.

YoungGandalf

Oct-22

http://forums.delphiforums.com/FreeThinkers3

My forum editor gets error messages when he tries to gag a poster.

You can see a screen shot in our newest Forum Business folder thread.

Kidmagnet

Oct-22

I think that's a private folder @gunter or @cstar1 would need access (or you can just copy that screen shot to an email and send to service@delphiforums.com and add details you might not want to post, such as specific members who were editors and which ones they were trying to gag.

YoungGandalf

Oct-22

this was the screen message he received

Kidmagnet

Oct-22

The member must have Voice and that needs to be removed before the restrictions can take place.

YoungGandalf

Oct-22

no that's my moderators account and error message when he tried to remove voice from a poster

gunter

Oct-22

Who is the poster, you can PM me with the name.  Perhaps the account has been blocked by Delphi Forums, which would also prevent setting any Privileges.

In reply toRe: msg 8
YoungGandalf

Oct-22

No, I don't think that is it. Terry the moderator just tried his powers on a regular poster when he realized it didn't work with the other poster and couldn't do a thing there either;

could it be Terry's account that is the problem? And the poster Terry was after is a regular poster with us too, has been several times on probation in the past but has now been a good forum citizen.

Kidmagnet

Oct-22

The error message that you showed me is the one that comes up when you try and put a Member with Voice on Moderation/Probation.

However it sounds like Terry (fab name by the way lol) is having more troubles than that. Can you post Gunter Terry's member name so he can check.