Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Messages appear in all italics - why?   Message Editor Help Folder

Started Oct-29 by mrodstein; 271 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
mrodstein

Oct-29

It is not a public forum. Is there a way I can grant access to only certain messages?

Kidmagnet

Oct-29

If you are a moderator there you can click Edit on one of these messages (as they appear on the forum) and once the Edit screen loads click Source on the editor. That lets you see the formatting of the message.

The <em> means that italics were applied. Or it could be a font type that is not common and instead being substituted with another. Comic Sans for example appears as script when I view it from Safari on Mobile.

What the source of a message using italics or a font change might look like
<p><em>This is in Italics</em><br />
<br />
<span style="font-family:comic sans ms,cursive;">This is a chosen font</span></p>

Once you have looked at the source you can hit Cancel to let the message remain on the forum as it was posted.

It might also help to know what he is posting from such as on a computer- which browser (Firefox, Chrome etc) and Operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux) or on a mobile device (Apple, Android) and which browser there.

Kidmagnet

Oct-29

Or you could also give your member a link to this discussion and let him post here just the same as on your forum, that way we can take a look at the source for you.

gunter

Oct-29

Good idea, lets try that first. Give him the address

http://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=28114.1

In reply toRe: msg 6
mrodstein

Oct-29

Thanks for your replies. The member involved is barely computer literate and has asked me to work on this for him. I reviewed the source code as you suggested on one of the affected messages. The source code is posted below. Note that there is no “em”, yet the message appears in all italics.

<blockquote class="df-quote">
<p><strong>reefmaker1&nbsp;said...</strong></p>
We joke that any bird strike in Lake would come from the rear.&nbsp; &nbsp;..</blockquote>

<blockquote class="df-quote">=================================================</blockquote>

<blockquote class="df-quote">You sure that is a joke ?&nbsp;</blockquote>

<p><span style="font-size:10px;">10-17-17 @ 6:00 pm MST</span></p>

gunter

Oct-29

Is the member copying/pasting text? Suggest as a test to simply typing a couple of words in Reply or posting something new.

Kidmagnet

Oct-29

I think I know what is happening, your forum is a Classic one, yes? When you use the Quote feature on the editor (when replying) it does show as italicized. His cursor is not jumping down to escape that bit of code. See my thread here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kidmagnet/messages/?msg=7104.1

mrodstein

Oct-29

Thank you for that insight. I think you may have it figured out. I will pass this along.