Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum posts Escalating For No Reason   Control Center

Started Dec-14 by Ro-Dylin Yankee (8449); 297 views.
gunter

Dec-14

What does that mean - escalating posts, explain more?

In reply toRe: msg 2

For a few weeks now The numbers keep moving up when there is no-one in my forum posting....I changed the date to today to see, if the numbers were still escalating and yes they were, I was watching them change, so figured I'd better let you know, and see what can I do to stop if, if possible....My forum does not go through that many pages, in one day....

gunter

Dec-14

Is this
http://forums.delphiforums.com/50s60s

Looking in your Controls, Detailed Traffic, I see your having a steady increase of Guest Visitors opening messages, is that what you mean?  Don't know where you are picking up traffic, it may be real visitors looking through messages, or search engines sorting the forum.  Interesting  but really nothing to worry about,  We've seen spikes of 1000+ at some forums at times.

I wouldn't call that sabotaging.

In reply toRe: msg 4

Yes that's what I mean, Thank you for looking into it....I put up several posts every day, but not as many as controls says....

Okay I won't worry about it, and keep my forum running as I always have....Thanks Gunter....

Kidmagnet

Dec-15

Hey there! There are several reports in Controls that show different things that happen on our forums.

Detailed Traffic refers to the number of "visitors" you received on a specific date.

Pageview means how many pages (or refreshes) are viewed. Your Start page could be one, the message page, then each discussion clicked, each reply screen etc.

Posts by Member is the only one that involves actual postings. Is that the report you are seeing numbers rising on?

Hi Kid,

No the elevated guests is what bothered me, it seems from October and November that guest list elevated, overnight, by 300, that's a big jump up, for my forum....I'm not going to worry about it, since Gunter checked out the controls, and the page view reports, it still seems strange though, every day that guest list is elevated....Thanks Kid, for explaining things to, me....

Kidmagnet

Dec-15

You're welcome and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you, and your family, and a Happy New Year....