Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CSS Not Working...   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 12/15/17 by The Zookeeper (B0UNTYMAN); 898 views.

Classic Forums
Goth theme
Spooky Night theme

CSS worked last Christmas and as a test last week. Doesn't work now.

/* Christmas Lights for themes with a Header */
td.msg td.wintiny {background-image: url(http://people.delphiforums.com/B0UNTYMAN/xmaslights.png)!important;
background-repeat: repeat-x!important;
background-position: 0px -18px!important;
padding-top: 30px!important;}

td.msgleft {background-image: url(http://people.delphiforums.com/B0UNTYMAN/xmaslights.png)!important;
background-repeat: repeat-x!important;
background-position: 100% -18px!important;}
/* Christmas Lights */

Kid (Kidmagnet)

12/15/17

You have to make a change on the Colors and Fonts page and then it will work. I copied the code for the first line on that Colors and Fonts page and then used the Pick Color link to choose a different one. Scroll down and hit submit and the lights will work.

Then you can go back to the C & F page and pop in the copied colour code number and hit submit again. It might take twenty minutes or whatever for it to change back on the left hand frame.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

12/16/17

You will probably have to do that each year.

Els (misselsa)

12/16/17

Kid is right. Each time you change something to the CSS you should change an item on the C&F page too. I usely change the border size if everthing else is how I want it to be.

Border size, good choice...a single digit to remember. Thanks.

Addie (abrogan96)

Sep-28

I too am having trouble. Tried to change ours at Dream Tags...thought I was doing what I used to do.....my not remember! But I copied my CSS from a practice forum (ours) and pasted and NOTHING changed at all. What do you need from me to check things out??

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-28

Make sure you're also making at least 1 change on the Colors & Fonts page too, to activate the CSS. 

This is what I currently see in your forum. Is this the new theme, or the old one?

• Edited September 28, 2018 10:00 am  by  Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 8
Addie (abrogan96)

Sep-30

It is on a different forum....I will change a color and see what happens. Thanks so much!