Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi Dumps   Chat

Started Jan-17 by Kakes2; 3603 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-10

Any news concerning the constant ejections from my Forums chat room? It is still ongoing many times a session that runs from 7:00pm Eastern time to 11:00 PM and later at Hearts That Hear Mental Health Support...We are in the  Main Chat room which is open 7 days a week including holidays.... Several long time members are constantly being removed from the Main Chat room at *Hearts*  all are using latest Version of Firefox as their browser choice and all are running Windows 10... and are still being removed as well..... I have been a member of Delphi for 19 years and I'm getting removed from the chat room many times a each and every night... I'm running Current version of Firefox and Windows 10.... PLEASE figure out what the issue is  PLEASE! People are getting very upset and are not returning to chat after the repeated dumps from Delphi! No one would enjoy being dumped repeatedly so I sure don't blame them!

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-11

Can you turn on your chat log, and record the times of the dumps please, then paste that portion of the logs here (with timestamps) so we can give engineering something to go on?

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-11

I gave the times I believe. But I can tell you again, it's happening every night between 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm Eastern Time zone, 7 days a week.  It's happening many times a chat session to many of my members. I can't find any common thread between browsers or versions of Windows. Most of the members that are being Dumped have been chatting on Delphi for many years so they are not inexperienced chatters...

Thank you for any help that you can offer us, this is very disruptive to our chats...

addy: http://forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/chat

Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-11

I think she is looking for the time stamps the logs provide. I know you have a sensitive chat )needing to maintain privacy) and posting logs would be out of the question. 

It’s a delphi problem that’s been hard to nail down. Maybe place a brief word in your rooms greeting so members are aware it’s niether them nor your mods.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-11

You hit the nail on the head Kid... I would never share the logs with anyone due to privacy issues... Delphi needs to get the problem fixed however.I've given them the time frame that my Forums concerned about that's all I can do to help.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-11

Do you yourself log chat Sassy? All they need are the times, which you could note and pass along. (and even after that it may or may not help)

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-11

Chat room dumped at 7:51 message Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second. However it does not reconnect anyone

Thanks need to try to get back in there now.

Sassy

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-12

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

Chat room dumped at 7:51 message Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second.

Thanks - that's all I need, is the times of the chat dumps, not the conversations that are happening. 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-16

sorry for my confusion as to what you wanted... There where several more dumps that evening all got the same message that I did but it was a very busy evening and I didn't have time to write them down... I will try to do a better job writing them all down and reporting them to you... Thanks a lot I do appreciate all your help with this issue...

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-19

Room dumped at 6:28 same message Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second never did reconnect me...

Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second         time   7:06    Never tried to reconnect me

Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second.       time    8:22   Never tried to reconnect me

Chat disconnected. (Code 1006). Retrying in 1 second.       time    9:00   Never tried to re-connect me into the room so I left and returned                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I will try to do a better Job of to get you more information about the Dumps if you need that or is this all that you need from me?