Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi Dumps   Chat

Started Jan-17 by Kakes2; 3327 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Jan-17

We've rebooted the chat server and tech is investigating more.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kakes2

Jan-17

Gunter, thank you for you quick reply.  I will let you know if it occurs again.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jan-25

We are experiencing the exact same problem  at my Forum..What's up?

gunter

Jan-26

Tech is looking into various chat problems.  Please post details if it keeps up.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-3

You asked me to post if the problems kept happening well at my Forum everyone is getting dumped from the chat room many times over the course of the night. I personally was dumped out of chat 6 times last night alone. I'm running Windows 10 professional version and use Firefox as my Browser of choice. My Firefox is the most current version. Other member at *Hearts* that have also been dumped from chat are running Windows XP, Windows 7, use current version of Firefox or Google Chrome current version... Another problem many of us are experiencing is... when we click on someones  profile when they enter the chat room  the profile window will remain open regardless of how many times we attempt to close the window after reading it. When that happens we often lose the ability to send someone else a whisper or a private message and more importantly we can not remove someone if we can not close the original persons profile. This is happening to several on the staff at my forum... any suggestions would be very much appreciated by everyone at *Hearts*

Sassy

addy is http://forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/messages

gunter

Feb-4

Sorry to hear of the problems, I'll pass this on to tech to take a closer look.

thanks for the details ...

• Edited February 4, 2018 8:57 am  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 7
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-4

thank you Gunter while I was posting my post to you several members  of *Hearts* where dumped 4 times (Myself included ) when I returned to chat after writing out my post to you NO ONE could see me typing. I tried rebooting and then I did get back in the room however I had the dreaded 2 behind my member name which ALWAYS means we  can expect being dumped yet again very quickly. I tried everything and finally I exited chat, logged out (the correct way) and then signed back into Delphi.  Ultimately I clicked on the chat room after doing that I tried to enter the ongoing chat but once again I had that 2 behind my name PLUS I could not type into the chat window.... I repeated that entire process and on my 3rd attempt I did enter chat and I was able to participate with everyone in chat. However after a very short time I was dumped yet again. By the time I was able to join in the conversation everyone was heading out to go to bed. Its sure frustrating Gunter and having that same thing happening to all of us time and time again is ruining our nightly chats. My Assistant Manager opens chat at 6:00 PM (  Eastern time zone ) every night and the chat room is closed  around 12:00 EST depending on participation in the Chat room. I hope that by providing you with the times that these things are happening in chat that it will make the job easier for them to fix the issues... Thanks a bunch!

Sassy

gunter

Feb-4

The two behind your name indicates the server hasn't logged out your original login, it gets confused.

thanks for the details ...

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Feb-6

when we get dumped all we can do is come back to chat that's the only time we get the dreaded 2 behind our names... nothing we do removes it... including exiting the chat room completely,  then log out correctly , then return to the chat room again only then "sometimes" we can get rid of the extra name and the dreaded 2 then but not always... go figure lol By extra name what i mean is I always change my name once I have entered chat and its always the nick name that has the dreaded 2 behind that nick the MrsSassy name remains in the chat room but can't type into the chat room as long as the Sassy2 nick is in the chat room. I hope I'm explaining this correctly and that it can be fixed!

gunter

Feb-7

Yes, the system doesn't clear your name right away though you've logged out.