Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Private Messages   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 1/25/18 by Paul (SNOTZALOT); 2199 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
INSCOP

1/29/18

I would like to see a DELETE ALL button.  

Kakes2

1/29/18

You already have that, and only that.  That is what the problem is.  No choice.  Many of us do not want to delete everything.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

1/29/18

The individual message deletes are in place now.

Kakes2

1/29/18

Thank you for the heads up.  I will check it out. :)

Crow (crowhaven200)

1/30/18

The individual message deletes are in place now

I only have the individual deletes on some messages. Others (older messages) in the same conversations have no x beside them.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

1/30/18

It seems to be limited to 10 messages per conversation - if you delete those, ten more drop down with Xs. Not ideal at all and it's been reported. I requested it be set at a million... that might be a tad over the top.

Crow (crowhaven200)

1/30/18

Okay half a million then. I don't know what they can do as far as "what is possible" for them. Instead of a x by each message, it would be nice to have a empty box beside all messages in the conversation, then a "select all" button that selects all the empty boxes, then we could manually uncheck the ones we want to keep. That's how GMail works, and my online spam catcher. I do use PM's for later references. I don't want to have to copy and paste into notepad important stuff I want to keep. I already do that for lots of stuff, but it's handy having member names there which are often hard to remember, and important communications in that one page. I actually enjoyed having a page for "sent" items too. But I can live without that.

Kakes2

2/1/18

Hi Kid,  I have a question, maybe you have the answer.  I realize that currently  each conversation is limited to 10 "x" per.  I was testing the waters so to speak and sent a PM to one of my contacts that only has 3 boxes in the conversation. My new message to them would make 4 boxes.  Ok here is the question, since there are only 4 boxes shouldn't all four boxes have an  "x", and if so how long after you send a message does the "x" appear??  Do we have to wait until the next morning when the servers reboot??  Thanks for your help.