Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Private Messages   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 1/25/18 by Paul (SNOTZALOT); 1817 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
INSCOP

1/29/18

I would like to see a DELETE ALL button.  

Kakes2

1/29/18

You already have that, and only that.  That is what the problem is.  No choice.  Many of us do not want to delete everything.

The individual message deletes are in place now.

Kakes2

1/29/18

Thank you for the heads up.  I will check it out. :)

Crow (crowhaven200)

1/30/18

The individual message deletes are in place now

I only have the individual deletes on some messages. Others (older messages) in the same conversations have no x beside them.

It seems to be limited to 10 messages per conversation - if you delete those, ten more drop down with Xs. Not ideal at all and it's been reported. I requested it be set at a million... that might be a tad over the top.

Crow (crowhaven200)

1/30/18

Okay half a million then. I don't know what they can do as far as "what is possible" for them. Instead of a x by each message, it would be nice to have a empty box beside all messages in the conversation, then a "select all" button that selects all the empty boxes, then we could manually uncheck the ones we want to keep. That's how GMail works, and my online spam catcher. I do use PM's for later references. I don't want to have to copy and paste into notepad important stuff I want to keep. I already do that for lots of stuff, but it's handy having member names there which are often hard to remember, and important communications in that one page. I actually enjoyed having a page for "sent" items too. But I can live without that.

Kakes2

2/1/18

Hi Kid,  I have a question, maybe you have the answer.  I realize that currently  each conversation is limited to 10 "x" per.  I was testing the waters so to speak and sent a PM to one of my contacts that only has 3 boxes in the conversation. My new message to them would make 4 boxes.  Ok here is the question, since there are only 4 boxes shouldn't all four boxes have an  "x", and if so how long after you send a message does the "x" appear??  Do we have to wait until the next morning when the servers reboot??  Thanks for your help.

When I tested it the other day it just took a refresh. Click the Show Conversations link and then go back into that particular conversation and the X should be there.

I can’t test from Mobil as the new PM is not working for me with my iPhone but go ahead and reply to my PM and see if the X appears after following my directions. 

Did my PM send 3 times?