Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Inserting u-tube videos   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jan-30 by srragland; 905 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-30

gunter said:

Sure. At YouTube, look under Share to get the URL or the Embed Code. Then here look up at the editor toolbar, to add the embed code, and works for most media URLs including newspaper articles. let us know how it goes ...

In a Classic forum a basic member cannot embed the video, but in a Zeta forum anyone can.

Also if you are posting more with Firefox for some reason it will not accept a video in a reply to another post with an embedded video if you use those toolbar/editor tools. You can however still copy the embed code and swith to source pasting it in before you post.

Hope this does not sound too confusing.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-30

That is because you are a basic member posting in a classic forum.

srragland

Jan-31

Okay thanks, I did not think I could do it but it was worth asking.  disappointed

I have been doing it on a non-Delphi religious forum, and it is the coolest thing. smiley

I do not post much on Delphi anymore because my religion has not been very welcome here. disappointed_relieved

Thanks, Susan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-31

Well you can, you just need to use Zeta . I use Zeta on Classic forums all the time (just type in /zeta after the webtag) You can also open your own forum here for free and make it Zeta and post whatever you like (Well within TOS of course lol) and link it on non Delphi forums.

In reply toRe: msg 2
EdGlaze

Jan-31

Can a basic member edit their post to include HTML to post video?

Such as:

<P>Video of supermoon, 31 Jan 18</p>

<P></P>

<p align="center"><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bme7yo2evcI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></P>

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-31

Only if they use Zeta

srragland

Jan-31

>>> Well you can, you just need to use Zeta . I use Zeta on Classic forums all the time (just type in /zeta after the webtag)

What is a webtag and where is it?  I am pretty computer illiterate so I try not to do anything that could mess things up because I have nobody to help me get the computer back to what it was.... . ;-)

>>> You can also open your own forum here for free and make it Zeta and post whatever you like (Well within TOS of course lol) and link it on non Delphi forums.

I have my own forum but I don't know how to link it on other forums.  I really have not wanted to because it is not very active right now...

Thanks, Susan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-31

Aha! Well if you do not mind Zeta you cold switch your whole forum to it and post youtubes all you like. To see who you forum looks (or to give it a try) you can view it as Zeta this way:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/thespiritualh/zeta

The webtag is thespiritualh

srragland

Jan-31

Thanks for checking that out.... Now I know what you mean by zeta.  I prefer the old style forum as it is much more difficult for me to navigate the zeta style forum.  I do not plan to be posting videos on my forum because it is inactive except for one poster who converses me intermittently... I saved your message in case I change my mind later.  Every day is a new day. ;-)

Thanks, Susan