Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Send a PM    Basic Help for Hosts

Started Feb-1 by keithr3579; 246 views.
gunter

Feb-1

This shouldn't be different from before: click on a name to get the PM link?

In reply toRe: msg 2
keithr3579

Feb-1

I am aware of going through the profile or clicking on a recent log-in.  However, I am trying to contact an ID that isn't readily available via those methods..  In the past, I could go to my new private messages option, hit send and type in the ID.  As I understand it now, when I enter new private messages, it no longer gives me that option.    All I see are those IDs that I have recently conversed with.  Regrettably, I deleted just about all of the past IDs in my PM due to the recent transformation.  Am I out of luck?

gunter

Feb-1

Do you mean like the To: here with messages, was that in a chat room or from the Inbox?

In reply toRe: msg 4
keithr3579

Feb-1

In the PM section.  Here is what my options are:

I clicked through each one and there is no To: send option.  The My Inbox simply repeats the main screen.  I do appreciate your time on this matter since I would like to contact this long ago member.  I have scanned some other forums to see if his ID can be summoned via the Find Member; but no luck.   I even went into the Browse Profiles section of the new PM, but it didn't have a search feature.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-1

Keith if you have the member name just add it after the / in this link and it should go to the profile.

http://profiles.delphiforums.com/

IF you do not or are unsure, you can PM me details (forum they were on, approximate year etc) and I can search for it later today.

keithr3579

Feb-1

I was thinking about contacting you on this, but figured the host forum would deliver.  I did type in the link with the ID at the end and it takes me back to the new PM option; Browse Profiles.  I have scanned through a few of the seemingly never ending pages with no luck.  As for his ID, I prefer to not disclose it.   As you understand it, one can no longer utilize the PM method to send a PM to a member without already have a conversation on my list.  Is that so?  Being an old fuddy-duddy, I no long for the good old days of last week. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-1

If the link is not taking you to that members profile but to the Browse Profile page you either have their membername misspelled or they closed their account. Or Delphi did. 

keithr3579

Feb-1

Drat.  I do miss the good old weeks.  Thanks for your time.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-1

You are welcome - sorry you lost touch with your friend.