Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is Delphi Switching To An All Zeta Fo...   Administrative Issues

Started 2/7/18 by RCBZ; 2467 views.
RedBV

2/9/18

Yes it is, and like many forum owners prefer classic . . . it's a shame it is being phased out, as it was and still is the best platform Delphi has had . . . 

In reply toRe: msg 11
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/9/18

What Classic feature has your forum lost? What is being phased out?

RedBV

2/11/18

"However, all new development and any new features offered will be in the Zeta format, so Classic forums will not be able to use them."

Even though we pay the same amount for a premium membership . . . not ta mention what basic users can use in zeta that are not available in classic . . .

Bottom line, Delphi itself has indicated that classic is being phased out and only being offered for the foreseeable future . . . how long that will last is up in the air . . .

Frankly, would venture to say that zeta didn't work out to the level it was hoped . . . and that played a major role in allowing classic to hang around . . . 

In reply toRe: msg 13
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

And then I say something and then you rebut and FINALLY it dawns on me...

Dude, just take it

RedBV

2/11/18

Oh golly gee, excuse me for not buying what you're trying to sell and telling you why . . . which is actually what has dawned on you, kid . . .

It is real simple - the thread is about if Delphi is switching from the Classic format to the Zeta format . . . the answer to that is - Delphi is switching to the Zeta format . . . it still offers the Classic format for the foreseeable future . . . how long that will last, having the Classic format, remains to be seen . . . 

Bottom line - from the beginning of Zeta, Delphi has stated there will be little if any work done on the Classic format . . . in development parlance that means as Classic breaks down it will in all likely hood not be fixed and have little if any support (what amounts to dying a slow death) . . . further, that as Zeta is further developed, any such development that affects/effects the Classic format . . . to bad so sad (which is the case with the new PM format) . . .

If you don't like dealing with those cold hard facts, not my problem . . . but play your dismissive game if ya like, it reflects well on you and likely reflects what Delphi thinks of the many many folks that like the Classic format over Zeta . . . 

Anyway . . .

In reply toRe: msg 15
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

I deal just fine with facts Red, I just happen to get mine from the source.

Classic is working as well as it did before Zeta. 

RedBV

2/11/18

And what in my post was supposedly not factual, since that is the implication you wish to impart . . .

As to your claim - actually it isn't . . . i.e. the PM function . . . then there is the issue just posted a question on - what happened to a member being able to view zeta forums as classic . . .

In reply toRe: msg 17
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

Love the new PM! Big improvement! 

Not sure what member can’t view forums as Classic but I’m sure that can be worked out. It’s working fine for me! 

RedBV

2/11/18

Love the new PM! Big improvement! 

Which doesn't address what I posted . . . but no surprise . . .

Not sure what member can’t view forums as Classic but I’m sure that can be worked out. It’s working fine for me! 

Myself happens to be one of those members . . . such as when going to CStar's forums, "gun violence" for example . . . have tested it using two different nicks, one a Plus nic and one a basic nic (with different browsers) . . . both with the preference selected to view all zeta forums as classic . . .

In other words - the preference selection gives a view as Classic for some zeta forums (such as here at Hosts) . . . but not for other zeta forums . . . 

In reply toRe: msg 19
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

For a long time now Hosts can choose to have their forum show only as Zeta.... All Cstar's forums use Zeta only features such as Live Story which do not show in Classic. On all but one forum she has enabled Zeta view only.