Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat Bot chatter...   Chat

Started 2/9/18 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 5862 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/9/18

Fun!

How do you make it stop though? I set up Trivia without scoring and went into to play on my own. The bot gives the question and after a predetermined amount of time a hint and then finally the answer. Well If I, the only player guess correctly it whispers to me that I got it right, but continues with the last two steps. Time consuming... so I exited chat (by closing the window X) and went into Controls to enable scoring. Refreshed the forum and opened chat. The bot told me the game was in progress and to wait for the next word. It then presented a hint and the answer. lol So this time I used Exit and Close but the same thing happened when I went back in, it was still in the middle of the first game. I even just tried it again now and it's still running the same game. /quit did not work either.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/9/18

Currently the room here with scramble is empty so I went in and played but the scoring is continuing from previous players

ScrambleBot3: Current Scores
ScrambleBot3: GUNTER: 769
ScrambleBot3: Twinkle821: 325
ScrambleBot3: Kidmagnet: 77
ScrambleBot3 scrambles 16 letters and sets the game timer.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/9/18

WELL! These bot options are only available in Zeta!

No biggy, just pop into a ***Zeta view of your forum,  go to  Controls, Chat and the bots and games option is there. After you set the bot you want just refresh the forum and bada bing, bada boom - you have a bot, in your chatroom and you are still Classic (hig 5's self)

I don't know if anyone chatting with Java will see the games.

*** Zeta view of your forum is just adding /zeta after the webtag in your forum address.

gunter

2/10/18

Looks like the bot keeps previous players on tap even after they leave?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/10/18

Yes you could jump back in and add to your score - I just did

ScrambleBot3: Time's up! (30 seconds)
ScrambleBot3: Current Scores
ScrambleBot3: GUNTER: 794
ScrambleBot3: Twinkle821: 325
ScrambleBot3: Kidmagnet: 168

We need a command to end the game, I think maybe it currently would end if the room were empty. Oh I can test that lol

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/10/18

If I remove the bot and replace it the game starts over.

I removed the bot, reloaded the forum and entered Chat. No bot. Then closed Chat, reinstalled the bot, reloaded forum and re-entered chat. It started the scoring over.

Cstar1
Staff

2/10/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

How do you make it stop though?

They're persistent bots - they never stop! 

If you want to hold a conversation instead of playing the game, you can always gag the bot. :)

Cstar1
Staff

2/10/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

but the scoring is continuing from previous players

It will continue as long as the bot is in the room. If it exits, scoring will start over. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
Cstar1
Staff

2/10/18

Oh.. also, if you want to talk instead of whispering to the bot, just tab twice before you type. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/10/18

Can they add a less cumbersome way to end or restart the game. Say I am playing alone and someone else comes in.