Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat Bot chatter...   Chat

Started 2/9/18 by kidmagnet (Ben) (Kidmagnet); 5349 views.
Cstar1
Staff

2/10/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

We think the people want to run never ending games?

Don't know. We used to have neverending games in Talk City. A whole forum full of them. 

Did you have the option to restart the game without going to controls?

Anyway - thank you for noting my request.

Cstar1
Staff

2/10/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

Did you have the option to restart the game without going to controls?

Nope. Those rooms were strictly for games, and they ran all the time. I know that Will's bots gave you the option of starting or stopping the bot, and it's certainly something to consider. 

. (RabidWulf)

2/10/18

Cstar1 said...

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

I don't know if anyone chatting with Java will see the games.

We'll have to ask someone who can still use Java. I know that neither Gunter nor I can. 

Welcome and Triva bots are both working in Java chat.  The slash gag worked to stop the trivia sequence... but when ungagged s/he began in the middle of a question/answer sequence LOL

. (RabidWulf)

2/11/18

Not sure if this was intended by the addition of the bots, but it is an added bonus for many who wanted their chats turned on even if an Op wasn't present to turn it on and off :)  *Normally* a log goes off automatically when the last chatter leaves the room.  Since the bot is like a permanent fixture in the room .. once the log is turned on, it appears not to go off until an Op turns it off .. so it seems logs can run 24/7??? 

As a test .. we turned the log on .. with bot present in the room .. left chat and closed everything down.  Upon returning, the log had remained on.

Thank you, Delphi!

I would think so I'll turn mine on now and we can see.

By the way- thanks for providing feedback regarding Java!

. (RabidWulf)

2/11/18

You are most welcome, and very much appreciated! 

Cstar1
Staff

2/11/18

. (RabidWulf) said:

but when ungagged s/he began in the middle of a question/answer sequence

Thanks. The bot isn't really stopped, gagging just keeps you from seeing what s/he/it's saying. 

Cstar1
Staff

2/11/18

. (RabidWulf) said:

Not sure if this was intended by the addition of the bots

That's one of the things, yes!

Though, if memory serves me correctly, in order to keep the logs from becoming unwieldy, it's a good idea to turn them off and then on again occasionally so that they'll restart. 

. (RabidWulf)

2/11/18

Cstar1 said...

. (RabidWulf) said:

but when ungagged s/he began in the middle of a question/answer sequence

Thanks. The bot isn't really stopped, gagging just keeps you from seeing what s/he/it's saying. 

Thank you, CStar ... shouldn't/doesn't the gag by an Op prevent everyone in chat from seeing the message?  Wondering now if 'ignore' will work for each individual chatter... and prevent seeing the bot each time that chatter enters that particular  room... OR will  it  put EVERY bot everywhere on ignore if it does work... /stop brain stop