Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can Not Open any posts in one of my folders.   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 2/9/18 by GracieNan and Johnny (GRACEREJOICE); 1390 views.

Hi Kid,

I tried all of that and it will not open.  Prior to this happening it worked.  Then i noticed that certain posts were in wrong folders.  I am starting up a forum I had old post in and had cleaned up.  All was well and then this happened.  I even posted in the folder adding a few post and they did not show up with the others.  Help I need help.  I want to start inviting friends but I want it to be up and working.  Thank you.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

Oh I see - this is a problem with moving messages out of time order. If you want to temporality add me as an assistant (if you are a Delphi Plus host) I can help you fix it. 

I’m actually being a bit lazy in my offer but I’m used to doing this and it’s easier to do it than explain. If I can set it right I will make sure you know how to move messages properly.

OR instead of tidying up an old forum you can open a new one. Starting fresh is way better than trying to repurpose one. They are free and plentiful! 

Hi Kid, thank you for your advisement yet I perfer to keep the forum where I am at..

I will go ahead and put you in as temp assistant to help fix what has happened.

Let me also know what to avoid to not have this happen again :((

Here is the link to my forum, thank you very much.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/heaveninspired/start

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/13/18

OK I will have a look this afternoon.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/13/18

GracieNan and Johnnie (GRACEREJOICE) said:

Hi I can not get into one of my folders there is seen 9 messages and I can not access any of them!

Is that an access controlled (private) folder? All the public ones seem to match up.

gunter

2/13/18

GRACERJOICE does have access to all folders.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/13/18

TY - must be a private folder she is having trouble with.

Hello Kid I have given you access and Gunter which i thought you had access.  Thank you.. ..you were going to fix the mess I made you said I changed things and it was date sensitive or something like that.  OK I hope you can help or I will just have to not have use of that folder.  Thank you.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/13/18

Are any of the private folders - sensitive posts? I'd need access to them all. Or you can try this if they are.

First create a new discussion in that folder and add a couple of posts. Just test posts they don't need to say anything more than Test. After you have posted and replied a few times click on the folder heading and see if more messages popped up. If not you can click in ALL on the List of discussions drop down and then scroll down to see it there is a next fifty showing... if so click that.

It looks however like you may have deleted all your old messages? If you have they may truly be gone and the folder total is just out of whack.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/14/18

I think your message to me in your forum is in a private folder I do not have access to, so I will reply here. 

I think it is fine to use that folder, there likely is not any hidden messages but even if there was and they suddenly popped up you could just remove them. 

Check Manage Folders under Forum Management in controls and make sure you have Read access set correctly (to your preferences) Many are restricted to Some.