Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Private message format   Basic Help for Hosts

Started 2/11/18 by Coach44; 1233 views.
Coach44

2/11/18

Hello all.  Our v star 1300 riders page has changed its private message format. It's not a good change. Is there any way we can go back to the way it was or classic as it may be called?     Thanks in advance

coach

gunter

2/11/18

Most likely the problem is that with the change some past PMs are showing as unread which confuses members.  Once all PMs are read, the order is new ones showing at the top, and all the old ones are in date order below that.

The change was made to merge PMs in chat rooms with the once made through Profiles.  After a short getting your older PMs 'read' , this should work much smoother.

sorry for the problems caused by the change ....

In reply toRe: msg 2
Coach44

2/11/18

Thanks for the reply Gunter.

can we go back to the way the pm page was?  Our members are not happy. 

• Edited February 11, 2018 8:56 pm  by  Coach44
gunter

2/11/18

No, sorry, it's going to be different. I'm sure it will take just a bit of adjustment to work for everyone.

Make sure to go through all the old PMs to mark them as read, or delete them,  and the system will fall into place.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Coach44

2/11/18

Thanks for the reply. This is quite a shame. Our folks are not happy about it.  Unfortunately while trying to reply to them the messages disappeared. I have know idea where they went.  In my humble opinion it's a lousy set up.           Thanks again for the reply 

RedBV

2/11/18

You're not alone . . .

In reply toRe: msg 4
Coach44

2/11/18

Ok I'm not going to delete any messages but I don't see where I can mark as read to any message 

RedBV

2/11/18

If I may -

Having tinkered with it - there is no "mark as read" . . . when you click on one of the blocked out messages to any given member . . . it will open a discussion like window that contains all PM's you've exchanged with that person . . . so the system inherently takes it that you have looked at (read) all the messages listed that you've exchanged with that person . . .

When you close that window . . . it cycles that individual listing of messages to the bottom . . .  

In reply toRe: msg 8
Coach44

2/12/18

Thank you

RedBV

2/12/18

Most welcome . . .