Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to know if a nic is gone from Delphi   Administrative Issues

Started Jun-15 by RCBZ; 494 views.
In reply toRe: msg 5
MEDDLY

Jun-15

Don't you have the 'ability' to restrict/prohibit guests postings? I'm sure you can but I'm not a Wizard around here.

In reply toRe: msg 4
gunter said:

Actually, Profiles stay open when someone simply closes an account,

oops sorry I misspoke.

In reply toRe: msg 6
RCBZ

Jun-15

MEDDLY said...

Don't you have the 'ability' to restrict/prohibit guests postings? I'm sure you can but I'm not a Wizard around here.

Guests can't respond to posts.  What I was mentioning was that people that were members of Delphi that closed their accounts became guests. Their posts are still there, but it says guest where the nic is and there's no profile. 

RCBZ

Jun-15

No problem, thanks for visiting

In reply toRe: msg 9

You are welcome,

Meddly does have a point though, you can restrict any new (to your forum or Delphi) members from posting by using either Full Moderation (all messages will be moderated from those without Voice, you then grant voice to your regular members and new ones as they are approved) Or using a post waiting period.

If you are interested and need more info or clear instructions - that can be provided here as well.

Delphi also has this advice

http://www.delphiforums.com/support/trolls.htm

RCBZ

Jun-15

Thanks for the info, but not even the ####### got us to change to moderation, we like the open forum. Been around since 2000 and are pretty seasoned regarding troll control, We even give trolls a chance to post nice before we zap them.
Wow, I didn't know that groups name was a forbidden word lol!! 
Take care,

Rc

In reply toRe: msg 11
RCBZ said:

Wow, I didn't know that groups name was a forbidden word lol!!

And I completely knew which group you meant! lol