Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help creating a new room   Chat

Started 9/4/19 by karri421; 980 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
karri421

9/5/19

When I click on the "Switch to Classic Mode" button, I get "Insufficient Privilege"

I was able to change it in the past from Zeta to Classic and back.

In reply toRe: msg 7
karri421

9/5/19

OK, thanks Gunter, I will discuss with the Room Owner.

gunter

9/5/19

Right ... Classic requires DelphiPlus to access those controls. Sorry I didn't mention that at first.

The url of the forum is

https://forums.delphiforums.com/tc-HealthWomens

Changing the name or chat room will not change that. Members can open as many forums , it does not take a new account. In order for a forum to have chat rooms, the Host has to have a DelphiPlus membership.

(If you haven't done so yet, messages here will go into moderation until you log out and then come back.)

• Edited September 5, 2019 9:05 am  by  gunter
gunter

9/5/19

This was happening sitewide, should be fixed now.

SKPer321

9/5/19

Thank you for your help Gunter. I just want to ask if we click on Create a New Forum, that our current forum will remain unchanged? So we will have two forums and two chat rooms? But we use the same login for both?

Or, is there a guide you can link us to? We just want to make sure we still have our old forum and room, even if we create a new forum and room. 

We haven't found any documentation for this. Thanks again for all your help.

SKPer321, Room Owner HealthWomens

• Edited September 5, 2019 10:07 pm  by  SKPer321
gunter

9/6/19

Current forum will remain unchanged when opening another one. Everyone will be abke to continue with the same login, just as you are entering Hosts here.

Look on the left side here below the discussion list for Helpful Resources which covers a number of help topics. We're here to answer any questions and members can post in Service for non-hosting topics as well.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/service

karri421

9/6/19

Good info, thank you!

SKPer321

9/6/19

All is going well with the new forum and chat room; however, when we try to invite friends (Control Center > Forum Promotion > Invite Friends) an error comes up.

The error is "Ajax Error!"

Any idea to fix this error? 

Thanks!

gunter

9/6/19

Sorry, that's been an ongoing problem, happens in all forums. You'll need to use your own email ... give people the address of the forum. Is this

https://forums.delphiforums.com/SeniorNotions ?

I'll refresh the report with tech as well.

SKPer321

9/6/19

Yes, that's the correct forum. No problem using our own email.

Thanks for your help! :-)