Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Group emailings   Everything Else

Started Oct-18 by Dale (Rainbow1956); 181 views.
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-18

Hello,

I have had a Yahoo group for years now and do member emails a couple of times a month.  We have received notification that Yahoo is going into limited operation then phasing groups out.  So, my question is, if my members move here, say to a new forum I create, will we be able to do group emails?

Thanks in advance!

gunter
Staff

Oct-18

For privacy reasons we do not have group email as such. The Host/owner of a forum could ask members for email addresses and set up their own mailings. In a private forum the email address can be used for access invitation which would create such a list.  (Hosts of private forums can also set an access code which allows entry without revealing the email address.)

Alternatively, individual members can subscribe to get notices of new messages in a Forums.

let us know what needs to be explained more ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-18

Thanks Gunter.  You explained things very well and I appreciate the info and the quick response.