Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi Running Slow   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Dec-7 by RCBZ; 265 views.
RCBZ

Dec-7

I keep getting messages at the bottom of my screen that it's "waiting for delphi.com" or waiting for ssi.googleanalytics. it's not everyday but it's very annoying..

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Dec-9

It could be any number of things.

Next time it happens, press <CTRL><ALT><DEL> and then click on the [Task Manager]. Look at which process(es) are taking up the most CPU time. Sometimes, background security programs can take up a bit of time causing browsing to be sluggish and perhaps even be temporarily disconnected if the CPU utilization is at or near 100%.

Another think you can do is open up the DOS command prompt, type the following and press Enter:

tracert forums.delphiforums.com

It make take a minute or two to complete but look for any hops in the list that seem to take more time than the others.

The first line will show the time between your PC and your local router.

The last line will show the time between PC and Delphi. 

The lines between the first and last line are the hops your data travels between your PC and Delphi.

If you see higher numbers in the 2nd or 3rd line, it's usually related to your ISP or their next jump. You might consider contacting your ISP and show them the tracert results.

If you see higher numbers in the middle, there's nothing that can be done about it on either side.

If you see it high on the last line, or one before the last line, it's more than likely a Delphi-side or near Delphi related issue so report it here with the tracert results.

FWIW

• Edited December 9, 2021 9:27 pm  by  WALTER784
RCBZ

Dec-10

Thanks for the info, I'll try that today and post the results. Yesterday it was fine with no little black pop ups in the lower left corner. This morning it's doing it again, but it hasn't started to cause a lag...yet. 

I looked at your Network Security forum, nice place I'll explore when I have more time

RC