People & Current News -  Bill O'Reilly Runs To The Pope (631 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-20 2:44 PM 
To: All  (1 of 39) 

Bill O'Reilly gets fired and runs to the Pope saying "Father forgive Fox for they have sinned" Pope says "Hey Bill, this is a no spin zone"

Reply   Options 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-20 8:11 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 39) 
 37394.2 in reply to 37394.1 

Bill O'Reilly gets fired and runs to the Pope saying "Father forgive Fox for they have sinned" Pope says "Hey Bill, this is a no spin zone"

Ginger>I wonder if he paid to meet him?  

What is so great about the pope? He is supposed to be the vicar of Christ, right?  What does that mean?  He represents Christ on earth?  If Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit, why do the Catholics need a pope? 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-21 9:08 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 39) 
 37394.3 in reply to 37394.2 

Ginger>I wonder if he paid to meet him?

bob>I don't know, the footage showed Bill shaking his hand and said a few words to him.  

What is so great about the pope? He is supposed to be the vicar of Christ, right?  What does that mean?  He represents Christ on earth?  If Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit, why do the Catholics need a pope? 

bob>Why do they need to vote on who will be the next Pope each time? There is no voting in the bible. 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-21 1:04 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 39) 
 37394.4 in reply to 37394.3 

bob>Why do they need to vote on who will be the next Pope each time? There is no voting in the bible

Ginger>where is there a pope in the Bible?

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-21 3:11 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 39) 
 37394.5 in reply to 37394.4 

bob>Why do they need to vote on who will be the next Pope each time? There is no voting in the bible

Ginger>where is there a pope in the Bible?

bob>The RCC claims Peter was the first pope, but he was Jewish, followed the Laws of Moses, married and went to Jews not gentiles. See how much the pope has in common with Peter? 

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 39) 
 37394.6 in reply to 37394.2 

"What is so great about the pope? He is supposed to be the vicar of Christ, right?  What does that mean?  He represents Christ on earth?  If Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit, why do the Catholics need a pope? "

Catholics need the Pope because the Pope is the successor of Simon bar Johna.  Christ change his name to Peter {Rock} when Christ gave Peter the keys of heaven and earth promising him that he coul not error.  The reasonoing is that if Christs Church coiuld not error then the one making the decission coul not error.  The problem with peoples i nterptations they can error an if they error and continue to the o there error then the church will have errore.  Errors are called herieies.  One of these is Luthers teaching that we are saved by faith alone.  This is a mis unerstaning of Pauls saying we are saved by faith.  Luther took it as a "small" faith meaning knowingthat Jesus is you Lor and savior.  The real meaning is the teachings of the Church being that you would be saved by believing and practicing what the Church teaches. 

The Pope is the one that arbitrates christian practices.  He was given the power by Christ to say when someone is in error in their teaching.  This exsists whether people accept him or not as the vicar of Christ.  This happened in new testament times in Acts 15.  Should the Church circumsize (in essence becoming Jewish) before becoming Christian.  There was in fighting and there was no concensis until Peter gave his speech speaking for the Church (declaration of church teaching.)  After he had spoken there was no more arguing because Peter had spoken.

pax domini

corkybob

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-24 8:48 AM 
To: Corkybob  (7 of 39) 
 37394.7 in reply to 37394.6 

"What is so great about the pope? He is supposed to be the vicar of Christ, right?  What does that mean?  He represents Christ on earth?  If Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit, why do the Catholics need a pope? "

Catholics need the Pope because the Pope is the successor of Simon bar Johna.

bob>Hi, we see in the NT where Christ gave Simon a new name, Petros/Peter and where Christ gave the leadership of His "Jewish" church/followers over to Peter. Peter was, as were all the apostles, a Jew, Christ taught them how to properly follow the Laws/teachings of Moses. Peter and the 12 continued following the laws of Moses and going to "Jews" throughout the NT and Peter was married. The Pope is gentile, does not follow the laws, does not go to Jews and is not allowed to marry. Paul was captured to be the apostle to the gentiles. This information may be new to you, but please check the NT for it's accuracy, that's where it came from.

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 39) 
 37394.8 in reply to 37394.2 

Vicar means replacement or instead of . 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-24 5:01 PM 
To: Corkybob  (9 of 39) 
 37394.9 in reply to 37394.6 

Catholics need the Pope because the Pope is the successor of Simon bar Johna.  Christ change his name to Peter {Rock} when Christ gave Peter the keys of heaven and earth promising him that he coul not error.  

Ginger>Here is the passage you are referring to:

Matthew 16:17 16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17Jesusreplied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah!For this was not revealed to you by flesh andblood, but by My Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against. 

Ginger>who revealed to Peter who Christ was? The verse says it was God the Father, correct?

...[Message truncated]

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-24 5:03 PM 
To: engineoops  (10 of 39) 
 37394.10 in reply to 37394.8 

Vicar means replacement or instead of . 

Ginger->can any mere human replace Jesus Christ?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-39
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.