Morality, Life & Social Issues -  O J Is A Christian (554 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-24 10:30 AM 
To: All  (1 of 39) 

O J said during his parole hearing and in the papers, that he is a Christian and lead bible studies or whatever while in prison. As a Christian, does he have the responsibility to publicly state he did commit the murders, if in fact he did murder? If he did and does not ever admit it publicly what does that mean? Would he still be saved or not? What do you think? 

Reply   Options 

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-24 11:57 AM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 39) 
 37627.2 in reply to 37627.1 

Why should he confess publicly?  Does he not have a relationship with his GOD?  HE is the only one that counts, the public be ####.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-24 12:29 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 39) 
 37627.3 in reply to 37627.1 

I don't think he has to admit it in public but neither should he come out without being asked and deny it. As you know many in prison give a good front about accepting Christ just to look good before the parole board but when they get out they leave it behind. 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-25 3:09 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 39) 
 37627.4 in reply to 37627.2 

Why should he confess publicly?  Does he not have a relationship with his GOD?  HE is the only one that counts, the public be ####.

bob>Paul rebuked Peter in public as his sin was in public, per the bible. OJ has said in public he did not do it, if in fact he died and if he is a Christian, is he to retract his statements in public? 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-25 3:11 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 39) 
 37627.5 in reply to 37627.3 

I don't think he has to admit it in public but neither should he come out without being asked and deny it.

bob>His statements were in public. I would bet he will deny it again in the years to come. So, if he in fact did it and denies it, what then? 

As you know many in prison give a good front about accepting Christ just to look good before the parole board but when they get out they leave it behind. 

?bob>Sure, they wish to get all the points they can, so is he a Christian or not? No way to know or is the seed planted on dry ground the receives it with joy only to wither and die?  

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 39) 
 37627.6 in reply to 37627.1 

IF he is a born again FOR REAL Christian he should own-up to having murdered those two people {in a fit of madness & jealousy} and cut short their lives in the prime of life.

To "cover-up" or deny it is against the Holy Spirit, truth, AND honesty.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-26 9:27 AM 
To: lenbenhear_and NOW (Spiritest_24)  (7 of 39) 
 37627.7 in reply to 37627.6 

IF he is a born again FOR REAL Christian he should own-up to having murdered those two people

bob>Does he have to? Does he loose his salvation if he does not? Does he loose his salvation if he continues lying about it? 

{in a fit of madness & jealousy} and cut short their lives in the prime of life.

bob>Don't leave drugs out. But, that does not lesson what he did, if he did murder. 

To "cover-up" or deny it is against the Holy Spirit, truth, AND honesty.

bob>So, can he continue saying these things and be washed and covered by the blood? 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 39) 
 37627.8 in reply to 37627.7 

His salvation is GOD'S CALL.

I seriously doubt he is converted if he continues to lie or cover-up a double-murder.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-28 9:34 AM 
To: lenbenhear_and NOW (Spiritest_24)  (9 of 39) 
 37627.9 in reply to 37627.8 

His salvation is GOD'S CALL.

I seriously doubt he is converted if he continues to lie or cover-up a double-murder.

bob>I agree, the "call" is easy, his/our actions are clear to God, our heart is clear to God, the call is obvious for all of us. 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 39) 
 37627.10 in reply to 37627.1 

I never speculate on the eternal destination of anyone. I cannot see into their souls.

But I believe that if he IS a Christian that he should CONFESS his crimes and accept the due penalty for them. If he is truly repentant, he is forgiven in heaven, but on earth, there is still justice that must be fulfilled. But the fact is that since he was found "Not Guilty", he cannot be charged now for the crime if he were to confess to klling Nicole and Ron. He cannot be tried again for a crime he has already been acquited of. That is our Constitutional protection against "Double Jeopardy". 

So he could just admit it now without facing legal consequences....except maybe he could be sued. But they've already DONE that. Basically, they've already done everything to him LEGALLY that they can. 

Personally, I believe he already basically DID confess in his creepy, supposedly theoretical account in his book "If I Did It". But he only did it HYPOTHETICALLY in the book...so it isn't TECHNICALLY a confession. But everyone can see what it really is. He wants to confess so badly it is killing him. Perhaps literally. I believe he subconsciously figured out a way to make himself pay for what he did by getting put in prison for some STUPID crime.

He LOOKS as guilty as they come. Everything about him screams "I did it...I got away with murdering my ex wife and her lover....and I truly feel terrible about it, and I cannot live with the guilt."

The stories of him weeping over Nicole's grave, saying, "I'm so sorry". 

The book that is only THIS shy of being a full confession that he DID do it.

Getting himself thrown in prison over something stupid.

It all points to a very guilty and very conflicted man.

He needs to confess his guilt if he is in fact guilty. Is a PUBLIC confession a requirement for his salvation? I could not say that. But he needs to confess it to SOMEONE. A priest, a close friend, a therapist...somebody. Maybe he already has. 

But I will not say one way or the other whether he is "saved". I cannot see into another man's soul. It is not my place or my right. I can look at what he does and describe what I see. But I cannot judge his soul.

That is for God alone.

Secundus

• Edited July 28, 2017 11:26 am  by  Secundus555

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-39
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.