Ask God Anything -  Are You Confessed Up? (352 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-22 10:12 AM 
To: All  (1 of 25) 

bob>I was watching TV preacher Ned Young Sunday morning and he mentioned that if one wasn't "confessed up" God would not hear their prayer. I haven't heard this concept before. Some religions think when Christ told the 12 that "anything you ask in My name you will receive, anything" not only applied to the 12, but to all followers, "Name it and Claim it" is the popular term they call this incorrect belief. They say if we pray for someone and they are not healed, it's because their faith is not strong enough or they had unconfessed sin" in their life. So, God can't or won't heal those like this. So, I wonder, if God won't hear the prayers of those who are not "confessed up" if they die are they saved or not? What do you think? 

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 25) 
 37677.2 in reply to 37677.1 

dear Bob,

>>bob>I was watching TV preacher Ned Young Sunday morning and he mentioned that if one wasn't "confessed up" God would not hear their prayer. I haven't heard this concept before. Some religions think when Christ told the 12 that "anything you ask in My name you will receive, anything" not only applied to the 12, but to all followers, "Name it and Claim it" is the popular term they call this incorrect belief. They say if we pray for someone and they are not healed, it's because their faith is not strong enough or they had unconfessed sin" in their life. So, God can't or won't heal those like this. So, I wonder, if God won't hear the prayers of those who are not "confessed up" if they die are they saved or not? What do you think?<<

I say that he doesn't know what he is saying.  There was a Fransican priest (Capuchin) who will by the way be declared blessed this year.  He was born in about 1890's and became a diolicen priest in the teens.  He felt as if he was being pulled into becoming a religious (becoming a monk).  He went to all of the houses seeking to be allowed in.  The only one that would allow him in were the Augustinians.  Back them the Augustinians were almost entirely German.  He didn't know German and all of the schooling and tests were in German.  He iked out and became an Augustinian but they determined he to be slow witted thus he was not given the permission to hear confession and he could only say mass in private.  His job was the doorman at the house and he also was given the task to recieve money for masses to be said for people.  He was very quiet and reserved.  He saw a lot of people and they began to realize that when they went to see him that if they had an ailment they would get cured by just see him.  He was always in prayer and had a knowledge givento him by God to know these things so while they were discussing matters such as who they wanted the mass to be for he would be in constant silent prayer.  It caught on and he had people from all over Detroit coming to see him for cures.  They would come and ask him for these cures, but sometimes he had to tell them that they would not be cured.

In other words sometimes when a prayer is given to Our Lord the Lords answer is no.

Studies have been taken in which a sick person is prayed for and the results are good.  Many are cured.  What they have found is that sometimes this happens when the person didn't even know he/\she weren't even prayed for.  The point is that faith has little do do with it, it is entirely in the providence of God to decide these things.  Saying this I do think that faith is good and in some cases it is true, but not to the point where one can say that their non-healing comes from no faith.

pax domini

corkybob

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-22 11:47 AM 
To: Corkybob  (3 of 25) 
 37677.3 in reply to 37677.2 

>>bob>I was watching TV preacher Ned Young Sunday morning and he mentioned that if one wasn't "confessed up" God would not hear their prayer. I haven't heard this concept before. Some religions think when Christ told the 12 that "anything you ask in My name you will receive, anything" not only applied to the 12, but to all followers, "Name it and Claim it" is the popular term they call this incorrect belief. They say if we pray for someone and they are not healed, it's because their faith is not strong enough or they had unconfessed sin" in their life. So, God can't or won't heal those like this. So, I wonder, if God won't hear the prayers of those who are not "confessed up" if they die are they saved or not? What do you think?<<

I say that he doesn't know what he is saying.

bob>Hi Corky, I had never heard that before. 

There was a Fransican priest (Capuchin) who will by the way be declared blessed this year.  He was born in about 1890's and became a diolicen priest in the teens.  He felt as if he was being pulled into becoming a religious (becoming a monk).  He went to all of the houses seeking to be allowed in.  The only one that would allow him in were the Augustinians.  Back them the Augustinians were almost entirely German.  He didn't know German and all of the schooling and tests were in German.  He iked out and became an Augustinian but they determined he to be slow witted thus he was not given the permission to hear confession and he could only say mass in private.  His job was the doorman at the house and he also was given the task to recieve money for masses to be said for people.  He was very quiet and reserved.  He saw a lot of people and they began to realize that when they went to see him that if they had an ailment they would get cured by just see him.  He was always in prayer and had a knowledge givento him by God to know these things so while they were discussing matters such as who they wanted the mass to be for he would be in constant silent prayer.  It caught on and he had people from all over Detroit coming to see him for cures.  They would come and ask him for these cures, but sometimes he had to tell them that they would not be cured.

In other words sometimes when a prayer is given to Our Lord the Lords answer is no.

bob>That's true and God heals who He will. 

Studies have been taken in which a sick person is prayed for and the results are good.  Many are cured.  What they have found is that sometimes this happens when the person didn't even know he/\she weren't even prayed for.  The point is that faith has little do do with it, it is entirely in the providence of God to decide these things.  Saying this I do think that faith is good and in some cases it is true, but not to the point where one can say that their non-healing comes from no faith.

bob>Great post! We have prayed for people who didn't believe and they were healed, so they didn't have any faith. God doesn't need help to heal. Thanks

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 25) 
 37677.4 in reply to 37677.3 

James 5:14-16 - Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up; and anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.

Praying in faith is effective, it doesn't say that the person who is sick has to have faith, but those who pray do.

I thought TV evangelists would be more like to say your prayers won't be answered unless you make a big donation to them ...

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-24 10:00 AM 
To: UK_Aspie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 25) 
 37677.5 in reply to 37677.4 

James 5:14-16 - Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up; and anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.

Praying in faith is effective, it doesn't say that the person who is sick has to have faith, but those who pray do.

bob>Great point! I had not thought of that. When I was a kid, our local churches were small and the pastors were actually pastor/shepherds but knew the members in their small churches and when someone was sick, they would call for the pastor to come pray for them, and he knew them already. In my mega church, we have preachers, no pastors, and when someone is in the hospital they get a pastor they don't know. My mega church has about 7000 on sundays at various services.  

I thought TV evangelists would be more like to say your prayers won't be answered unless you make a big donation to them ...

bob>Some of them seem to be like that, some are good, some aren't, as you know. Thanks

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-7 11:23 AM 
To: Corkybob  (6 of 25) 
 37677.6 in reply to 37677.2 

You express a predestination belief in this post, it matters not what you do, it is in God's hands.

The point is that faith has little do do with it, it is entirely in the providence of God to decide these things.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 25) 
 37677.7 in reply to 37677.6 
When I reread this I think there is an assumption in the quote that I don't like. An emphasis on confession could assume that sinning is the natural state of a Christian. Paul writes in Romans 6:1 What then are we to say? Should we continue in sin in order that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin go on living in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-8 8:56 AM 
To: UK_Aspie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 25) 
 37677.8 in reply to 37677.7 
When I reread this I think there is an assumption in the quote that I don't like. An emphasis on confession could assume that sinning is the natural state of a Christian. Paul writes in Romans 6:1 What then are we to say? Should we continue in sin in order that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin go on living in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?

bob>As you may know the "Once Saved Always" doctrine is used as a license to sin. I'm saved, nothing can keep me from being saved, I can sin all I want and saved, saved, saved.. That's a lie. Calvinism 5.0 does the same thing. If one thinks they were predestined to be saved before they were born, nothing can ever change that, nothing can be done in this life to ever change that, "eat, drink and be merry" or "party on dude" i'm saved no matter how I live my life. Both concepts are lies. Hebrews 10:26 is the most misunderstood verse in the bible, some think it's saying once someone is saved, there remains no more sacrifice for sin, so saved people don't or can't sin anymore. That's a lie. We are still humans, we will sin it's our nature. I have had Christians who believe this concept who "swear" they have never sinned since they were saved, not true, we also sin by not doing things too. 

To: All  (9 of 25) 
 37677.9 in reply to 37677.1 

NED YOUNG is a scam artist.

LJ

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 25) 
 37677.10 in reply to 37677.8 
1 John 2:1 says - "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."
Some people read this as "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that every time you sin you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."
No - a Christian does not live in sin, or sin habitually. The intention is that we do not sin at all, but unfortunately that is easier to agree to than to do.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-25
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.