Morality, Life & Social Issues -  Sick of Hypocrisy on BOTH sides (346 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 18) 

I am rolling my eyes at the Hypocrites in Hollywood and in the Democrat party over the Harvey Weinstein mess. They all loved him. They all loved his MONEY. Don't think for a SECOND they didn't know about his history of sexual assault. They knew. It was one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood. 

How the HELL can Hillary Clinton lambast Weinstein when her husband is as guilty of the SAME THINGS as Weinstein, and SHE HELPED COVER IT UP AND HELPED DESTROY ANY WOMAN WHO CAME FORWARD? Now woman who led the "Bimbo Eruption" task force says "every victim deserves to be believed". What a hypocrite.

But wait just a minute, my fellow Republicans.... DONALD TRUMP HAS PERSONALLY BRAGGED ABOUT SEXUALLY GROPING WOMEN. He has as many accusers as Bill Clinton has...and he has a long history of sexually assaulting women. Any defense you make of him after hearing him bragging about grabbing women's privates and walking in on half-naked women changing in the beauty pageants he owns just makes YOU sound JUST LIKE THE DEMOCRATS. 

This is a matter of principle, not politics. I am a lifelong Republican. This is one of the key reasons I could not vote for Trump.

Every single thing you say about Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein applies to Donald Trump too OR it doesn't apply to ANY of them. If it wrong for Harvey Weinstein and Bill Clinton, it is wrong for Donald Trump. 

If we do not apply the same standards to Trump as we do to Clinton and Weinstein, we become hypocrites just like the Democrats and Hollywood.

This is an "Inconvenient Truth". 

So we have to ask ourselves...does politics matter more than our principles and our values? 

Are we going to defend Trump when he has done many of the SAME THINGS Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein did? Are we going to be hypocrites or are we going to stand up for what is right.

Do politics "Trump" your principles because it's YOUR guy that it's about?

I am disgusted with ALL of them. Harvey Weinstein is a pig and a serial rapist and sexual predator. Hollywood elites who KNEW about Weinstein for DECADES and only turn on him and PRETEND like they are shocked when it finally comes out. Democrats who took his money for years, KNOWING what he was. Hillary Clinton who acts all offended by Weinstein's actions when she was complicit in covering up her own husband's assaults. Bill Clinton who is a rapist and sexual predator. AND DONALD TRUMP, who is as much of a sexual predator as Weinstein and Clinton. 

And I'm disgusted with the Republican Party and Religious Conservatives who became hypocrites when they threw in with a man who has done THE VERY SAME THINGS that they rightly excoriated Bill Clinton for doing.

I'm sick to death of ALL of them. 

Evangelicals have LOST the moral high ground by supporting Trump. 

I'm just about sick and tired of all the FAKE MORAL OUTRAGE!

If sexual assault is wrong, and if a person who does it repeatedly over many years is reprehensible and someone to be reviled and rejected, the WHY AREN'T YOU AS OFFENDED WHEN DONALD TRUMP DOES IT?

Right is right and wrong is wrong. 

The very people who decry the moral decay of America and the Moral Relativism of the Left basically just shrug it off when the EXACT SAME THINGS are done by Trump.

Where is their moral outrage then? 

Hypocrisy is rampant on both sides of the aisle. And it is time for Christians to stand up for PRINCIPLES OVER POLITICS!

Thus endeth my rant.

Secundus

• Edited October 16, 2017 10:42 pm  by  Secundus555

Reply   Options 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-17 10:06 AM 
To: Secundus555  (2 of 18) 
 37790.2 in reply to 37790.1 

I agree with your post and I think many others do as well. 

To: Secundus555  (3 of 18) 
 37790.3 in reply to 37790.1 

I agree

Message 4 of 18 was Deleted  

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-24 10:28 AM 
To: Sunny378 (sungss) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 18) 
 37790.5 in reply to 37790.4 

bob>Welcome to AAA, feel free to post on any subject you like. 

Interesting post, and well-written. Except you are ignoring one group of people who don't fit into your scenarios - those of us who DO find Bill Clinton's actions reprehensible, who DO find Harvey Weinstein's actions reprehensible, and who DO find Donald Trump's actions reprehensible. Of course, these people are disgusting predators who must be held accountable for the way they have treated others. But what choice did we have in November? I am a lifelong Republican, and after many visits to the voting booth, my November 2016 visit was the most difficult I have ever made. On the left we had a criminal sexist who insisted women vote for her because she is a woman (those of us who wanted to consider her criminal activities were encouraged to look the other way). And if Hillary had won the election, again we would have had a man in the White House with a history of preying on women. (Hey, parents, do you want your daughters interning in the White House with Bill Clinton loose wandering the corridors?)

bob>I agree with you, in my mind, both parties are a mess. 

Thanks to the wisdom of those running both parties, these were our choices - a criminal sexist, or a billionaire pervert. To both our major parties, thank you so much for forcing Americans to go down in the gutter to vote in one of the most important elections of our lifetime. And we all came out of the voting booth wanting nothing more than to go home, take a shower, and spend the evening watching the carnage evolve - either direction resulting in a lose-lose for Americans.

I seriously doubt a majority of people who voted - not FOR Donald Trump, but AGAINST Hillary Clinton - are happy with the behavior of our president and his revolving door of cabinet members. Of course we're not, and of course we're outraged at things he's said and done. Would Hillary's election have been worse? Hopefully, we'll never know. She's blamed everyone but herself for her loss in November, when everyone else knows the blame belongs in her mirror. Does her loss justify Donald's win? Hardly. Democrats and Republicans alike do not appreciate others putting their parties in a bad light. We're sick of Hillary and Bill and everything they represent. We're also pretty sick of Donald and the way he behaves (like every other juvenile Twitter brat), but these are the choices that were handed to us. Yes, we're outraged. Of course we are. To suggest differently is to insult everyone with even one moral left in their body. But we didn't bring this on ourselves. For that, we can thank our fearless leaders

bob>Trump isn't GOP, and the GOP would not accept him, they fought him, they tried to change rules to keep him out. A vote for trump for many was a vote against Dems and the GOP. He obviously was not a strong Christian and is not today, but he's leaning that way. He's mentioned God and church rights more than any other president that I can remember, what do you think?  

Message 6 of 18 was Deleted  

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-25 11:33 AM 
To: Sunny378 (sungss) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 18) 
 37790.7 in reply to 37790.6 

Thanks for the welcome,

bob>Glad to have you stop in, Ginger own and host AAA. Our goal is to provide a forum where actual discussions can be held. We do not allow personal attacks and name calling or rude behavior and we have locked out over 300 hundred who came here to attack our forum. 

Bob. What I think is - for whatever reason - both party leaders felt screwing the American people in November was in their best interest. I doubt anybody in any leadership capacity really thought "what's best for them [the people who elected me]?" It's almost certainly "what's best for me - and my chances for reelection - so I can do nothing and have my constituents pay for my lavish lifestyle."

bob>I agree, a republic is formed to represent the "people" not the party, not the big money people who support the party, but it's not done in a manner to "do the people's work" 

My jury is still out on Trump. Yes, he's not an atheist or an agnostic, and that's to his (and our) benefit. But we all know what they say about actions speaking louder than words. So I watch what he does, and how he behaves, weighing, of course, that the liberal media is skewing everything he says and does against him (even Jimmy Carter admitted the media has been harder on Trump than they have on any other president in recent history). I just wish he'd get off sites like Twitter - that are frequented by juveniles with whom Trump seems to seek common ground. Twitter (IMO) is beneath the leader of the free world, but I'm retired, and I admit social media may very well be the way of the future.

bob>Twitter can be a very good tool to go around the liberal attack media, but his use of it is good and bad. His personality of quick shoot from the hip style leads to some very stupid tweets and situations. However, he is doing some good in the process, but he's his own worst enemy at times. Bannon, who really helped Trump win, is not out to take out the good old by GOP network of congressmen and it's the same plan he used to get trump elected. I think he's right, Bannon is changing the GOP and it needs to be changed. It will be interesting to see how he does in 2018, do you agree? 

But one thing I do believe - strongly and with no reservations whatever - that God puts in power (or allows to be put in power) exactly who He wants there. So if there is a lesson to be learned from Trump's presidency, I suggest it's God's lesson we need to learn, not any message from those who claim to represent the American people. I hope we're learning it.

bob>I think that is speaking of bible times, I don't think Hitler was put in power by God, do you? 

Message 8 of 18 was Deleted  

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-25 4:38 PM 
To: Sunny378 (sungss) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 18) 
 37790.9 in reply to 37790.8 

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

I think that is speaking of bible times, I don't think Hitler was put in power by God, do you

Um, yep, I do.

bob>So whenever an evil ruler is in charge and does much evil, he's just doing God's work, am I right? That is your stand?

For Christ's crucifixion and resurrection to have any significance at all, there had to be evil - and that's a good example of it.

bob>I am saying God did this during bible times, not our time. 

I think God allows the devil certain freedoms, and the Bible tells us in I Peter 5: [to] …7Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be sober-minded and alert. Youradversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in your faith and in the knowledge that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering.…

Certainly sounds like it fits into current events for me.

bob>It does,, but is the actions of evil man or is God doing evil? 

We just have to remember God has a plan for the universe - from "in the beginning" to God's final defeat over the devil and evil we are told about in Revelation - and we are each part of God's plan. When my mother was dying of cancer almost 20 years ago, I hung this sign in her hospital room: Don't worry about tomorrow; God is already there. And therein lies the "peace that passeth all understanding" the Bible promises to those who believe.

bob>God's plan for the universe is not a mystery in which he must use evil to get it done, in fact, He does not want evil done. God's plan is for "us" to reach and lead as many to Him as possible, the plan does not include evil. The actions of man will be and can be evil or good. God only wants good. I don't blame God for hitler, I blame Hitler and man. 

Message 10 of 18 was Deleted  

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-18
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.