Faith Issues,News & Religions -  The Catholic End TImes (237 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-3 10:16 AM 
To: Corkybob  (1 of 11) 

Hi Corky, what is the Catholic stand on the "End Times?" Pre/mid/post rapture? 

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 37823.2 in reply to 37823.1 

The Catholic Church has never formally Dogmatized an Eschatological (End Times) view. It is considered a matter of Theological OPINION. But the most widely held view in the Catholic Church is Amillennialism, which is always Post Trib. 

In fact, other than Dispensational Premillennialism (which is the technical Theological term for the Pretrib Rapture view) every other major Eschatological view IS Post Trib. None of the other views separate the Rapture from the Return of Christ. They all present the Rapture and the Return of Christ as a SINGLE event, happening simultaneously. This is true of Amillennialism, Post Millennialism, and "Classical" Premillennialism. 

Secundus

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 37823.3 in reply to 37823.1 

dear Bob,

>>Hi Corky, what is the Catholic stand on the "End Times?" Pre/mid/post rapture<<

No Rapture.  That is a new understanding of the certain bible readings brought about in the 1830's by a Margaret McDonald.  If you do think about it it would be post.  The second coming is with the dead rising into the air and the living being judged.

pax

corkybob 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-6 10:25 AM 
To: Corkybob  (4 of 11) 
 37823.4 in reply to 37823.3 

>>Hi Corky, what is the Catholic stand on the "End Times?" Pre/mid/post rapture<<

No Rapture.

bob>No second coming, ever? 

That is a new understanding of the certain bible readings brought about in the 1830's by a Margaret McDonald.  If you do think about it it would be post.

bob>She presented  the "pre" concept which means the "post" was not correct.

The second coming is with the dead rising into the air and the living being judged.

bob>Then what about tribulation, what's the Catholic stand on that? 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-6 10:26 AM 
To: Secundus555  (5 of 11) 
 37823.5 in reply to 37823.2 

The Catholic Church has never formally Dogmatized an Eschatological (End Times) view. It is considered a matter of Theological OPINION. But the most widely held view in the Catholic Church is Amillennialism, which is always Post Trib. 

In fact, other than Dispensational Premillennialism (which is the technical Theological term for the Pretrib Rapture view) every other major Eschatological view IS Post Trib. None of the other views separate the Rapture from the Return of Christ. They all present the Rapture and the Return of Christ as a SINGLE event, happening simultaneously. This is true of Amillennialism, Post Millennialism, and "Classical" Premillennialism.

bob>What do you hold to? 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 37823.6 in reply to 37823.5 

My view is Amillennialism. 

I used to be a very passionate Dispensational Premillennialist. But that was back when I didn't even realize that there even WERE other views. I thought DP was THE ONLY view there was. 

As I learned more and became less Fundamentalist, I changed my view.

BTW...when our Catholic friend says "no Rapture", they mean no SEPARATE EVENT called the Rapture. They see the "catching up" (Rapture) and the "parousia" (Return of Christ) as a SINGLE EVENT. 

"No Rapture" does NOT mean, "no return ever". 

It just means that they reject the idea of a separate Rapture event that precedes the Return of Christ by 7 years. 

My belief is similar to theirs. In fact, this is a belief that is held by the overwhelming majority of Christianity outside of Conservative Evangelicalism. (Evangelicals make up less than 25% of the world Christian population, and about 60% of Evangelicals hold Dispensational Premillennialist views). Close to 75% of Christianity holds Amillennial views. This includes nearly all Catholics and Eastern Orthodox, most Methodists, nearly all Lutherans, Episcopalians, and Presbyterians, and some Baptists. (Some noteable Catholics and Baptists have adopted the "Classical Premillennialism" view, but they are a small minority). 

Post Millennialism is on the rise among some Pentecostals... particularly among the Word of Faith Movement where "Dominion Theology" has become popular. 

Secundus

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 37823.7 in reply to 37823.4 

Dear Bob,

>>bob>She presented  the "pre" concept which means the "post" was not correct<<

What I was trying to say is that before her writings, the notion of being caught up in the air before, during, or after the conflict in which CHristians would be persecuted was not known to the Apostles or they would have taught it.

pax

corkybob

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 10:51 AM 
To: Secundus555  (8 of 11) 
 37823.8 in reply to 37823.6 

My view is Amillennialism. 

I used to be a very passionate Dispensational Premillennialist. But that was back when I didn't even realize that there even WERE other views. I thought DP was THE ONLY view there was. 

As I learned more and became less Fundamentalist, I changed my view.

bob>Good for you and it's obvious you take the bible seriously and study it and the various concepts of various religions. 

BTW...when our Catholic friend says "no Rapture", they mean no SEPARATE EVENT called the Rapture. They see the "catching up" (Rapture) and the "parousia" (Return of Christ) as a SINGLE EVENT. 

"No Rapture" does NOT mean, "no return ever". 

bob>So, they are "post" so am I and the only reason I care about this issue at all is because the "post/mid" people could loose their faith when/if they find out it's not as they "believe" otherwise I don't care. 

It just means that they reject the idea of a separate Rapture event that precedes the Return of Christ by 7 years. 

My belief is similar to theirs. In fact, this is a belief that is held by the overwhelming majority of Christianity outside of Conservative Evangelicalism. (Evangelicals make up less than 25% of the world Christian population, and about 60% of Evangelicals hold Dispensational Premillennialist views). Close to 75% of Christianity holds Amillennial views. This includes nearly all Catholics and Eastern Orthodox, most Methodists, nearly all Lutherans, Episcopalians, and Presbyterians, and some Baptists. (Some noteable Catholics and Baptists have adopted the "Classical Premillennialism" view, but they are a small minority). 

Post Millennialism is on the rise among some Pentecostals... particularly among the Word of Faith Movement where "Dominion Theology" has become popular. 

bob>What's "Dominion Theology?"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 10:53 AM 
To: Corkybob  (9 of 11) 
 37823.9 in reply to 37823.7 

>>bob>She presented  the "pre" concept which means the "post" was not correct<<

What I was trying to say is that before her writings, the notion of being caught up in the air before, during, or after the conflict in which CHristians would be persecuted was not known to the Apostles or they would have taught it.

bob>I agree, I have read some of her writings and in my opinion, she was insane. Does God use insane people to present His message? I don't think so, but satan does. 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 37823.10 in reply to 37823.9 

dear Bob,

>>bob>I agree, I have read some of her writings and in my opinion, she was insane. Does God use insane people to present His message? I don't think so, but satan does. <<

Yes God does.  He uses everything.  Think about it, the JW's have predicted the end of the world 3 or 4 times in my life time.  They have always been wrong.  Tell me would you listen to them for spiritual guidance?  Its Gods way of saying that these people aren't that reliable and shouldn't be followed.  Satan uses them to make people think that all religion is bunk.  It has worked on some but the great majority believe but are cautious on who makes the predictions.  

pax

corkybob

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.