People & Current News -  The Man Who Created Christmas (166 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-28 11:23 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

The man who created Christmas is of course, Christ, however a new movie just came out I just saw with that title. It's about Charles Dickens and how he came about to writing "A Christmas Carol" and its a great new Christmas movie, I recommend it. I know a little bit about Dickens that helped me to understand the movie and I wish they would have mentioned these things in the movie, as it makes the film better. Charles was from a mixed childhood, his father was gentleman of some wealth that he squandered away and he and his family, except Charles, were sent to debtors prison/house. Charles, 10 years old, was sent to work as child labor was used in factories at the time. It was a hard life for Charles, but his father inhereted some money, paid his bills and got out of his debts. Charles would get 100% focused on the writings of his stories and said the characters he created would be with him, talk to him and actually helped write the stories. This sounds crazy, but my daughter is an author and she has said the same thing. Many of his characters were people he actually knew. Just knowing these simple facts will make the movie better for you, I wish you a Merry Christmas with Charles and his friends.   

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 37882.2 in reply to 37882.1 

I hope to get a chance to see this movie.  It looks very interesting.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-4 10:11 AM 
To: heim618  (3 of 3) 
 37882.3 in reply to 37882.2 

I hope to get a chance to see this movie.  It looks very interesting.

bob>I think it's out now, I think you will like it. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.