Faith Issues,News & Religions -  Is Your Pastor Anointed?  (71 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-4 10:17 AM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 3) 
Is Your Pastor Anointed?
Yes
No
What's Anointed?
I don't know
I don't care
I don't have a pastor

5 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-4 10:26 AM 
To: All Poll  (2 of 3) 
 38653.2 in reply to 38653.1 

I heard Billy Graham many years ago give a sermon at a stadium on TV and it was very powerful and thousands came down front to receive Christ. Later on, I found his sermon in a baptist newsletter and I was surprised when I read it, that it was mundane, boring and weak to read. I realized it was the anointing God put on the words Billy spoke. I had heard what he was saying many times before, but this special anointing gave them power and meaning and they went right into hearts all over the stadium and to those watching on TV. 

I have heard many sermons that were good in what they were saying, directly dealing with the point/sin/salvation, but they didn't have any power/anointing from God, so hardly any came down front. I'm in a church now where the pastors son is taking over and in my opinion, he doesn't have the anointing his father had/has. He makes some good points and no one comes down, which really bothers the church. So, they decided if they take up the offering at the end of the service instead of just after the music and before the sermon starts, they will get more money and more saved. I don't know about the money, but the saved part is not happening. 

I think the majority of most pastors are not anointed, they maybe good speakers, they may be persuasive, but they don't cross the finish line so to speak, as help from God is needed to do that. So, should we leave our church to find an anointed preacher? That maybe a very hard thing to do. What do you think? 

To: All Poll  (3 of 3) 
 38653.3 in reply to 38653.1 

Yes I am sure I am an old oily retired Pastor.

Mac Hansen.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.