Bible Topics & Bible Studies -  Paul's New Testement Bible Books Attack (263 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 

Why are Paul's New Testement Bible Books Attacked?? =Because

those living in the abomination of sexual perversion hate and deny the Truth of God's Word.

1 Corinthians 6:9-20

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-5 10:10 AM 
To: GISMYS  (2 of 11) 
 39018.2 in reply to 39018.1 

Why are Paul's New Testement Bible Books Attacked?? =Because

those living in the abomination of sexual perversion hate and deny the Truth of God's Word.

bob>Good subject! Because weak supposed Chritians won't follow the bible, be it Paul or not. They edit the bible and ad to it till they get with they want, forget what God wants. 

To: GISMYS  (3 of 11) 
 39018.3 in reply to 39018.1 

The word used in 1st Corinthians as "effeminate" is not neccesarilymeaning homosexual.  Looking at the original Greek, "...o)/ute e)idwlola/trai o)/ute moixoi\ o)/ute malakoi/ o)/ute a)rsenokoi/ o)/ute kle/ptai..." all the words other than o)/ute are nouns except for malakoi/, which is an adjective. Now, Greek, (and Latin) often uses adjectives as substantives or nouns. The question is whether it is used as an adjective modifying a)rsenokoi/ or as a noun. In the first case it would be "effeminate male prostitutes", in the second, just "the effeminates" or "the weak" with "weak" being in the sense of morally weak which could mean any number of things and not necessarily sexual.

The King James Version translates this as "...neither fornicators, nor idolators nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...", but the Revised Standard Version translates this as "...neither the immoral, nor idolators nor homosexuals..." and notes on the last that "Two Greek words are rendered by this expression.". This would be using malakoi/as an adjective. I tend to think it is more likely, given the structure of the sentence, that it is used as a noun, as Paul here alternates between the sexual and the non-sexual sins, followed by alternating between sins of theft and overindulgence. This is a common Greek literary device and one that Paul and his would be very familiar with.

To: AULUS  (4 of 11) 
 39018.4 in reply to 39018.3 
1 Corinthians 6:9-20 

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor """"homosexuals,""""
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-7 9:28 AM 
To: AULUS  (5 of 11) 
 39018.5 in reply to 39018.3 

The word used in 1st Corinthians as "effeminate" is not neccesarilymeaning homosexuals

bob>Even the NIV originally had "homosexuals" but they changed it as time went on and they had homosexuals on the translation team. 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 39018.6 in reply to 39018.5 

I said effeminate does not mean in this sense, homosexual, just soft and a)rsenokoi/, already there does mean homosexual (literally "those lying with men").  Reread my initial post.

To: GISMYS  (7 of 11) 
 39018.7 in reply to 39018.1 

Very VERY true. Paul and much of the NT is under attack constantly by liberal atheists and homosexual reprobates and their evil agenda: which is to ""justify"" their lust, their perversion,{the idol of their heart} and REJECT the Moral Authority of GOD {with which the apostle Paul ENTIRELY agrees}!

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-8 10:51 AM 
To: AULUS  (8 of 11) 
 39018.8 in reply to 39018.6 

I said effeminate does not mean in this sense, homosexual, just soft and a)rsenokoi/, already there does mean homosexual (literally "those lying with men").  Reread my initial post.

bob>I don't know how this came up, but we agree, when Paul says "Don't be deceived" he's speaking about homosexuals in there too. 

To: AULUS  (9 of 11) 
 39018.9 in reply to 39018.3 

AULUS said...

The word used in 1st Corinthians as "effeminate" is not neccesarilymeaning homosexual.

I have heard this before. The only problem with this thinking is that it doesn't agree with other passages that call homosexuality a sin. Scripture confirms and supports scripture.

Secondly, there are heterosexual males who have effeminate characteristics. Are they in sin? No.

Trying to Biblical justify homosexuality as not a sin because of this one word, using it in modern context and not how the word was used when Paul wrote it, is dangerous.

To: FLTony unread  (10 of 11) 
 39018.10 in reply to 39018.9 

Seriously, did you really read my posts on this?

I dealt with one word, one translated as effeminate and also confirmed there was another word in the passage was explicitly meaning homosexual but they were not the same.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.