Bible Topics & Bible Studies -  Hebrew Word: Jeremiah (113 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-21 2:08 PM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

Meaning: Jeremiah

Translit:  Yir•mi•ya•hu

As the story concerning each character unfolds, we learn how closely connected is the name to the narrative, provided that we focus on the Hebrew name. English, Spanish, Greek and Latin, along with all other world languages fall short in demonstrating how: 1. The Biblical name foreshadows the life events of each personality, 2. The Hebrew name both mirrors and substantiates the truthfulness of biblical events and prophecies.

Although reading the bible in English is also perceived by believers as reading truth, the immediate sense of substantiation, as reflected in the mere Hebrew name, is missing from the non-Hebrew reading experience. This is just one reason why it is so important for every Bible follower to obtain some knowledge of Hebrew.

Critics distinguished between two main kinds of prophets in the Bible: Prophet of Wrath (or Reproof), and Prophet of Consolation. The second kind focused on comforting the people after disasters while the first rebuked ill conduct and warned of negative consequences, which were usually upcoming disasters.

The name Jeremiah attests to the difficult life of this prophet. Being mostly a Prophet of Wrath who constantly warned people of the nearing destruction and doom, Jeremiah suffered the fury of the people of Jerusalem and others to whom he prophesied. As a result of his wrathful prophecies, he was placed in jail for many days. He was depressed over his own prophecies and agonized over the inevitable disasters awaiting his people as a result of their sins. Jeremiah was also distressed from his personal fate of being despised and rejected and from the hardship of his life in jail. This is why Jeremiah, perhaps more than any other prophet, desperately needed God to lift him up both spiritually and physically. And this is exactly the meaning of the name Yir•mi•ya•hu, Jeremiah : ‘My Uplift is God.’

http://hebrew.jerusalemprayerteam.org/jeremiah/

Reply   Options 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-22 8:57 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 39611.2 in reply to 39611.1 

What does the name Yir•mi•ya•hu/Jeremiah mean in Hebrew? 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-22 12:37 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 39611.3 in reply to 39611.2 

What does the name Yir•mi•ya•hu/Jeremiah mean in Hebrew

Ginger>Article says: "And this is exactly the meaning of the name Yir•mi•ya•hu, Jeremiah : ‘My Uplift is God.’"

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-22 3:54 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 39611.4 in reply to 39611.3 

Ginger>Article says: "And this is exactly the meaning of the name Yir•mi•ya•hu, Jeremiah : ‘My Uplift is God.’"

bob>Hi Ginger, I have discussed these names with Len a long time ago and I was seeing if he agreed. I have heard that Jeremiah and Joshua both meant the same thing as Jesus/Yeshua from gentile pastors, who aren't all that good on their Hebrew even though they think they are. 

• Edited July 23, 2019 9:48 am  by  Bob (Bobbylee7)

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-22 4:16 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 39611.5 in reply to 39611.4 

>Ginger>Article says: "And this is exactly the meaning of the name Yir•mi•ya•hu, Jeremiah : ‘My Uplift is God.’"

bob>Hi Ginger, I have discussed these names with Len a long time ago and I was seeing if he agreed. I have heard that Jeremiah and Joshua both meant the same thing as Jesus/Yeshua from gentile pastors, who aren't all that good on their Hebrew even though they think they are. 

Ginger>I have never heard that Jeremiah and Joshua meant the same thing. What did Len say? I'll let u know if I find anything different. 

• Edited July 23, 2019 9:48 am  by  Bob (Bobbylee7)

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-23 9:38 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 39611.6 in reply to 39611.5 

>Ginger>Article says: "And this is exactly the meaning of the name Yir•mi•ya•hu, Jeremiah : ‘My Uplift is God.’"

bob>Hi Ginger, I have discussed these names with Len a long time ago and I was seeing if he agreed. I have heard that Jeremiah and Joshua both meant the same thing as Jesus/Yeshua from gentile pastors, who aren't all that good on their Hebrew even though they think they are. 

Ginger>I have never heard that Jeremiah and Joshua meant the same thing. What did Len say? I'll let u know if I find anything different.

bob>He hasn't posted here on this yet. I think some Christian pastors think the name "Joahua" sounds like "Yeshua" so they think they mean the same, they are wrong! 

• Edited July 23, 2019 9:49 am  by  Bob (Bobbylee7)

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-23 3:17 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 39611.7 in reply to 39611.6 

bob>He hasn't posted here on this yet. I think some Christian pastors think the name "Joahua" sounds like "Yeshua" so they think they mean the same, they are wrong. 

Ginger>I've heard lots of pastors say that Joshua was a type of Savior that would come. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.