Morality, Life & Social Issues -  Boy Scouts Of America Going Away? (290 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-7 9:12 AM 
To: All  (1 of 19) 

Hundreds of sexual abuse claims now coming from the boy scouts and they go back years. As you know, the supreme court ruled a few years ago the BSA could keep gays out, then the leaders of the organization changed their rules to allow gays. The BSA may have so many claims on it, it will have to go bankrupt and out of business. It's a shame it allowed and covered up sexual crimes over time and now the entire thing is gone. 

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 19) 
 39655.2 in reply to 39655.1 

Evil destroys everything it comes in contact with. Kill, Steal, & Destroy.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-8 4:56 PM 
To: Butchking  (3 of 19) 
 39655.3 in reply to 39655.2 

Evil destroys everything it comes in contact with. Kill, Steal, & Destroy.

bob> I can see how pedofiles would wish to become Boy Scout leaders, but when those who headed up the organization voted to allow gays after the Supreme Court said they didn't have to do that, it's obvious gays killed the Boy Scouts

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 19) 
 39655.4 in reply to 39655.3 

I'm surprised that the Girl Scouts are still in operation. 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-9 8:59 AM 
To: Butchking  (5 of 19) 
 39655.5 in reply to 39655.4 

bob>I haven't heard much about them for a long time. I know they were now allowed to join the boy scouts, another sex based move I bet. I guess girl scout leaders were women/no men, but I don't know that. The girl scouts weren't a big deal in this area and the boy scouts were. I was a cub scout but I was playing ball when I reached the age to join the boy scouts

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-9 4:04 PM 
To: Butchking  (6 of 19) 
 39655.6 in reply to 39655.4 

Ginger>The difference, I think, is that men are not leaders to prey on the young ladies like in the Boy Scouts. Neither are there boys who want to be a Girl Scout (well at least not that I know of). I was a Girl Scout and earned many badges. Although some had to do with camping, many of the badges had to do with sewing and cooking. Not that boys can't do that but I would say most don't want those kind of badges unless the boy is wanting to become a female. 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 19) 
 39655.7 in reply to 39655.5 

I too, loved sports at a very early age, unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to join the Cub or the Boy Scouts. Back in the day, I think it was a great thing to do, as it started building character along with a host of other benefits.

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 19) 
 39655.8 in reply to 39655.6 

I was never married but if I was and had a son that wanted to become a female, I'd take him out behind the woodshed and we'd have a come to Jesus meeting, before anyone got a chance to lock him up in a looney bin. I had never even heard of such nonsense, until not to  long ago.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-10 8:56 AM 
To: Butchking  (9 of 19) 
 39655.9 in reply to 39655.7 

I too, loved sports at a very early age, unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to join the Cub or the Boy Scouts. Back in the day, I think it was a great thing to do, as it started building character along with a host of other benefits.

bob>The cub scouts weren't doing all that much, we had "meetings" where we ate cookies, drank cool aid, and made some stuff, then we attended the "Scout Arama" where boy scouts, cub scouts, girl scouts and so on marched around in a circle and we messed around. We thought it was neat, but back then we didn't have anything to do anyway. The boy scouts would go camping, fishing, hiking, trips and so on, but I didn't join them. My Southern Baptist church had a kids group called "RA's/Royal Ambassadors" we met during wednesday night service and ate cookies, drank cool aid and made some stuff. It was mild form of fun, but it beat just sitting in service. 

• Edited August 10, 2019 8:58 am  by  Bob (Bobbylee7)

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-10 11:46 AM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 19) 
 39655.10 in reply to 39655.1 

How are we going to handle all the claims and accusations among the religious communities, Protestant and Catholic as well as others?  Are they any less egregious than the Boy Scouts?

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.