Morality, Life & Social Issues -  Twitter Bans Star Of David as Hateful (238 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-23 9:51 AM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 

Twitter bans Star of David images as 'hateful'

Social-media giant accused of ignoring anti-Semitism while punishing Jews

Twitter is locking the accounts of users who display the Star of David in their profile image or header, deeming it "hateful imagery."

The London-based nonprofit Campaign Against Antisemitism said several Twitter users have contacted them recently to report that their accounts had been locked because various images of the Star of David violated the social media platform's "rules against posting hateful imagery," the Jerusalem Post reported.

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 14) 
 40857.2 in reply to 40857.1 

Twitter has backed off, due to the publicity evidently, and restored the recently deleted messages. According to Snopes:

Twitter has banned users from displaying the Star of David in their profile pictures.

Mostly False
Mostly False

About this rating 

What's True

Twitter's Hateful Conduct Policy prohibits threats against people due to religious affiliation, and Twitter has disabled some accounts that used the Nazi-era 'yellow star' or ‘yellow badge’ symbol in their profiles for violating that rule.

What's False

Twitter does not have a blanket prohibition against users' displaying the Star of David, although in July 2020 they mistakenly locked some accounts for doing so even though those accounts were not in violation of Twitter's policies (and those accounts have since been restored).

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-27 10:54 AM 
To: Len (AryehLeib613)  (3 of 14) 
 40857.3 in reply to 40857.2 

Twitter has backed off, due to the publicity evidently, and restored the recently deleted messages. According to Snopes:

Twitter has banned users from displaying the Star of David in their profile pictures.

Mostly False
Mostly False

About this rating 

What's True

Twitter's Hateful Conduct Policy prohibits threats against people due to religious affiliation, and Twitter has disabled some accounts that used the Nazi-era 'yellow star' or ‘yellow badge’ symbol in their profiles for violating that rule.

What's False

Twitter does not have a blanket prohibition against users' displaying the Star of David, although in July 2020 they mistakenly locked some accounts for doing so even though those accounts were not in violation of Twitter's policies (and those accounts have since been restored).

bob>We see some anarchists, they don't speak for the majority or the majority of democrats, however, it's the democrat mayors and governors that allow them to burn and destroy, I don't see how that will get them votes from mainstream democrats, do you?  I see they hate America, but I don't see why they hate the Jews as well, what's up here? 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-27 4:14 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 40857.4 in reply to 40857.3 

bob>We see some anarchists, they don't speak for the majority or the majority of democrats, however, it's the democrat mayors and governors that allow them to burn and destroy, I don't see how that will get them votes from mainstream democrats, do you?  I see they hate America, but I don't see why they hate the Jews as well, what's up here? 

Ginger>I just don’t get theses Democrat mayors and governors who are allowing the destruction of their cities? How is that gain for them? How does that make Trump look bad? Do they actually think they will get voted back into office by allowing this?  Why aren’t the citizens of theses cities speaking out?  Surely, they must know that people will start moving out and people will not come to visit theses cities which means lost revenue.

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 14) 
 40857.5 in reply to 40857.3 

You said what's up.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-28 9:52 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 40857.6 in reply to 40857.4 

Ginger>I just don’t get theses Democrat mayors and governors who are allowing the destruction of their cities? How is that gain for them?

bob>I guess they are following party orders. 

How does that make Trump look bad?

bob>I don't see it could make dems look good and to have all the homeless living all over their cities and parks and so on. 

Do they actually think they will get voted back into office by allowing this?  Why aren’t the citizens of theses cities speaking out?  Surely, they must know that people will start moving out and people will not come to visit theses cities which means lost revenue.

bob>If the democratic citizens are speaking out the radical liberal news won't show it or cover it. 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 14) 
 40857.7 in reply to 40857.6 

Ginger>I just don’t get theses Democrat mayors and governors who are allowing the destruction of their cities? How is that gain for them?

It's at the heart of the demonic communist agenda. Using any way possible, they want this nation destroyed from the way it was founded, as found in our constitution and bill of rights, and then rebuilt under communistic principles. Power hungry sicko's with no concern whatsoever for their fellow man, but only to fulfill their piggish desires.

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-28 3:10 PM 
To: Butchking  (8 of 14) 
 40857.8 in reply to 40857.7 

>>Ginger>I just don’t get theses Democrat mayors and governors who are allowing the destruction of their cities? How is that gain for them?

It's at the heart of the demonic communist agenda. Using any way possible, they want this nation destroyed from the way it was founded, as found in our constitution and bill of rights, and then rebuilt under communistic principles. Power hungry sicko's with no concern whatsoever for their fellow man, but only to fulfill their piggish desires.

Ginger>We know communism doesn’t work. Are they so dumb to think it does? I agree with the power hungry but it can only be short lived and destructive. 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-28 4:21 PM 
To: Butchking  (9 of 14) 
 40857.9 in reply to 40857.7 

bob>I know a few middle of the road democrates, they voted for Obama and Hillary, they are very nice people and they wish to help people. They help by trying to take care of groups of people, not individual people. Welfare is for the group, but the individual effects of it may be bad, yet they don't see it or think the group is more important or something. They lack logic!!!!! It's like being a Christian and being for abortion! No logic! They think they help the mother to kill the baby I guess. No logic! 

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 14) 
 40857.10 in reply to 40857.8 

Ginger>We know communism doesn’t work. Are they so dumb to think it does?

Yes, they are stupid and full of pride. Their common answer as to why it never worked before, anywhere, is that it didn't work because they were not in charge.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.