Health and Nutrition -  Various Strans of Covid, not just 19 (122 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-5 10:56 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

I know a married couple who had some mild symptoms, like an allergy would have and they got tested and it came back they had covid 19 the doctor said they caught the "mild form" of covid. We have had 4 forms of covid in the last few years and they are like most virus, not that much comes from them, then the covid19 came, which is harsh and dangerous. I wonder when they test for covid19 if they are not picking up all the various forms and report them all as covid19 or not? I don't know if the test can tell one from the other of if they are all thrown in together. If so, that explains why so many "cases" are not harmful, about 90% or more. Can we trust government numbers? What do you think? 

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 41101.2 in reply to 41101.1 

Supposedly, covic-19 has it's own ID marker, and each variant has it's own as well.  I'm aware people are testing at will (not physician directed nor physician treated) and people can test positive more than once, having to re-test several times and can be re-tested at different locations of choice.  Haven't heard if the tracking system itself removes testing duplications or even false positives - or even if it catches same to begin with.

People 65 and older and anyone with underlying health condition can register for the vaccine shot located on their county's website if they have the form up yet (mine did), but people need to register (to be known) for the vaccination in line after essential workers, after people living in elderly communities and before younger, healthier people.

• Edited January 5, 2021 12:06 pm  by  Caryn (haleyC987)

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-5 4:09 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 41101.3 in reply to 41101.1 

I know a married couple who had some mild symptoms, like an allergy would have and they got tested and it came back they had covid 19 the doctor said they caught the "mild form" of covid. We have had 4 forms of covid in the last few years and they are like most virus, not that much comes from them, then the covid19 came, which is harsh and dangerous. I wonder when they test for covid19 if they are not picking up all the various forms and report them all as covid19 or not? I don't know if the test can tell one from the other of if they are all thrown in together. If so, that explains why so many "cases" are not harmful, about 90% or more. Can we trust government numbers? What do you think? 

Ginger>I was under the impression that the 19 stood for the year 2019? As that is when it was first discovered?
My step great granddaughter who is 7 just had it but only for a few days.  Her school was full of it so they sent all the children home to be quarantined for two weeks.  She went back to school for 2 days and then was off for Christmas break. That same weekend after she went back to school, all my older sons family went to Michigan to celebrate Christmas.  The day after she returned home, she came down with a high fever and the sniffles.  She was tested for the covid and found to have it.  With all the people she was around at my son’s house, you would think they would have come down with it.  Not one including her mom and dad and her mom is 4 months pregnant.  Seems odd to me that not one person came down with it.  I wonder if they give that diagnosis even if the person doesn’t have it?

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 41101.4 in reply to 41101.1 

Its Good topic :-)

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 6:14 PM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (5 of 7) 
 41101.5 in reply to 41101.2 

Supposedly, covic-19 has it's own ID marker, and each variant has it's own as well.  I'm aware people are testing at will (not physician directed nor physician treated) and people can test positive more than once, having to re-test several times and can be re-tested at different locations of choice.  Haven't heard if the tracking system itself removes testing duplications or even false positives - or even if it catches same to begin with.

bob>Elon Musk took four tests on the same day and two were positive and two were negative. 

People 65 and older and anyone with underlying health condition can register for the vaccine shot located on their county's website if they have the form up yet (mine did), but people need to register (to be known) for the vaccination in line after essential workers, after people living in elderly communities and before younger, healthier people.

bob>I see old people waiting outside all night to get a shot and then they didn't have enough shots and sent them home. 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 6:17 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 41101.6 in reply to 41101.3 

41101.3 in reply to 41101.1 

Ginger>I was under the impression that the 19 stood for the year 2019? As that is when it was first discovered?

bob>I didn't know that. It seems they found some blood samples taken in September on the East coast that had covid 19, so it was here long before we know it. 

My step great granddaughter who is 7 just had it but only for a few days.  Her school was full of it so they sent all the children home to be quarantined for two weeks.  She went back to school for 2 days and then was off for Christmas break. That same weekend after she went back to school, all my older sons family went to Michigan to celebrate Christmas.  The day after she returned home, she came down with a high fever and the sniffles.  She was tested for the covid and found to have it.  With all the people she was around at my son’s house, you would think they would have come down with it.  Not one including her mom and dad and her mom is 4 months pregnant.  Seems odd to me that not one person came down with it.  I wonder if they give that diagnosis even if the person doesn’t have it?

bob>We do wonder about the numbers the government puts out and we should !

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-6 6:22 PM 
To: AnyaRiley unread  (7 of 7) 
 41101.7 in reply to 41101.4 

Its Good topic :-)

bob>Welcome to AAA and feel free to post on whatever issue you like. I see you're and author, so is my daughter and she's also an actor and a book narrator, she's been doing books for Chastity Bowlin who is a top writer on Amazon and other top writers as well. 

USA Today Best Seller, Winner of the 2019 Romance Through the Ages Award for Georgian/Regency Romance, and 2020 RONE Award winner, Chasity Bowlin is the author multiple bestselling historical romance novels, both independently and with Dragonblade Publishing. She lives in central Kentucky with her husband and their menagerie of animals.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.