Current Event News -  Clinton/Weinstein. . .Sexual Misconduct (1580 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (133 of 156) 
 24591.133 in reply to 24591.132 
Lawsuit: Harvey Weinstein threatened employees, ‘I will kill you. I will kill your family.’
February 12, 2018
Lawsuit: Harvey Weinstein threatened employees, ‘I will kill you. I will kill your family.’
John_from_CT / CCL
A new lawsuit alleges that disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein threatened to kill his own employees.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman filed a civil rights lawsuit Sunday against Harvey Weinstein, his brother Robert and The Weinstein Company for failing to protect employees from sexual harassment. The legal complaint also alleges that Weinstein threatened to kill his employees and bragged about ties to the Secret Service.

“I will kill you”
The lawsuit filed in Manhattan’s Supreme Court on Sunday by Schneiderman alleges that Weinstein threatened his own employees’ lives.

“I will kill you,” Weinstein told employees, according to the 39-page complaint. “I will kill your family.”

Actress Salma Hayek has also described receiving similar threats from Weinstein. In a December New York Times column titled “Harvey Weinstein is My Monster Too,” she described “that one time when, in an attack of fury, he said the terrifying words, ‘I will kill you, don’t think I can’t.'”

The allegations add to an already disturbing picture of The Weinstein Company as an exploitative, Draconian environment built to service Weinstein’s desires. The lawsuit also describes Weinstein as keeping a roster of “wing women” he used to facilitate sexual encounters with other women.

“[The Weinstein Company] employed one group of female employees whose primary job it was to accompany [Weinstein] to events and to facilitate [his] sexual conquests,” according to the suit.

Weinstein used his influence in the industry to blackmail would-be whistleblowers into keeping quiet or else risk getting “[blacklisted] across the entire industry.”

“You don’t know what I can do,” he allegedly said.

Weinstein “wielded his power in a sexually discriminatory manner” and would “sexually harass employees and abuse women,” the suit argues.

“As alleged in our complaint, The Weinstein Company repeatedly broke New York law by failing to protect its employees from pervasive sexual harassment, intimidation, and discrimination,” Schneiderman said.

Sale falls apart amid suit
The suit comes amid proposed bids to sell the company’s back-catalog of movies. Schneiderman opened a civil rights investigation into the company in October when Weinstein’s decades-long pattern of abuse was first reported.

Schneiderman said the suit was brought to ensure that victims are fairly compensated and that those who enabled harassment at The Weinstein Company are not unjustly rewarded by any sale.

“Any sale of The Weinstein Company must ensure that victims will be compensated, employees will be protected going forward, and that neither perpetrators nor enablers will be unjustly enriched,” Schneiderman said in a news release. “Every New Yorker has a right to a workplace free of sexual harassment, intimidation, and fear.”

The lawsuit reportedly blocked a sale of the company from going through, according to the Wall Street Journal. Businesswoman and former Obama administration official Maria Contreras-Sweet was close to buying the company for $500 million when the lawsuit went public.

This story gets more disturbing with each report. Hollywood needs to reform the way it does things so that work cultures like Weinstein’s are eradicated from the industry.

Reply   Options 

To: All  (134 of 156) 
 24591.134 in reply to 24591.133 
Report: How the Bill Clinton affair with Monica Lewinsky came to be discovered
February 11, 2018

Report: How the Bill Clinton affair with Monica Lewinsky came to be discovered
Matt Johnson / CCL
Two years after she first heard about Monica Lewinsky’s affair with former President Bill Clinton, Linda Tripp manipulated Lewinsky into telling her the details.

And in a recent interview with Fox News, Tripp explained exactly how she went about tricking the young intern.

Scandalous
On Sunday’s episode of Fox News’ Scandalous, Tripp detailed how she went about convincing Lewinsky to confide in her — a confidence she would quickly betray.

“It was tough making the decision to manipulate her at the end because I had to have her recreate all I had heard for a year and a half, and it was enough to curl your hair,” Tripp said. “I literally had to lead her down the garden path and get her to sort of reiterate everything that had come before. And that was tough.”

And it was made tougher by the fact that Lewinsky was convinced that Clinton would leave his wife, Hillary, to be with her.

“That was hard to do knowing that it would break her heart, burst the bubble, destroy the fantasy of their growing old together,” Tripp recalled.

Tripp, who claims to have never been a friend or mother figure to Lewinsky, also said the entire Pentagon’s Public Affairs Office was skeptical of the young intern, who reportedly earned a position unprecedented for someone her age.

“We were stymied as to how a young girl, just out of college, was given a position that had always gone to a seasoned professional,” Tripp added. “Monica had no background, no experience, so it was a puzzle to virtually everyone in the office.”

The Scandal That Destroyed A Presidency
Lewinsky, who was 22 at the time, began her affair with the then-49-year-old president in November 1995. The affair lasted until March 1997, according to Lewinsky, who later said she had nine encounters with President Clinton during that time.

The Daily Mail further reported:

The affair became public in January of 1998 after Tripp gave tapes of Lewinsky admitting to her relationship to Kenneth Star, who at the time was pursuing the Whitewater controversy and Clinton’s alleged sexual harassment of Paula Jones, a former Arkansas state employee.

Clinton later claimed that he “did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky” in a nationally televised White House news conference. This lie resulted in his impeachment, and came close to ending his presidency.

Clinton later admitted that the two did have a sexual encounter, but said that he did not believe oral sex counted as “sexual relations.”

Murder To Cover The Affair?
In a 2016 interview, Tripp asserted that while Lewinsky still feels betrayed, exposing the scandal may have saved the young intern’s life.

“I say today and I will continue to say, that I believe Monica Lewinsky is alive today because of choices I made and action I took,” she said in an interview with Breitbart’s Aaron Klein.

“I can only say that from my perspective,” Tripp added, “I believe that she and I were at the time in danger, because nothing stands in the way of these people achieving their political ends.”

And with Bill and Hillary Clinton involved, we can’t quite blame Tripp for fearing the worst.

To: All  (135 of 156) 
 24591.135 in reply to 24591.134 
Colleague: Megyn Kelly’s push for #MeToo movement ‘all an act’
February 26, 2018
Image Source: Screenshot
A former colleague of Megyn Kelly claims that the NBC star’s support of the #MeToo movement is all an act. It’s all there in a lurid PageSix report that details claims by former colleagues of Kelly, who describe her as a bully who often makes staffers cry.

Kelly isn’t just hiding her mean-spirited treatment of other staffers on camera. Her support of sexual assault victims is phony, too, according to a former make-up artist who said that Kelly is “extremely mean and rude to women.”

Kelly: putting on an act?
In recent months, Kelly has made a point of showing support for alleged victims of sexual assault. Kelly, who herself claims to have been harassed by the late Roger Ailes, invited three women who accused president Trump of sexual misconduct onto Today last December to share their stories.

“This must stop,” Kelly previously said, in referring to workplace cultures that suppress women with complaints of harassment and abuse. “The abuse of women, the shaming of them, the threatening, the retaliation, the silencing of them after the fact — it has to stop.”

But Kelly may not be as friendly to women as she wants to appear, according to colleagues who worked with her behind the scenes.

“She’s disrespectful,” said Iren Halperin, who retired from a 20-year stint as a makeup artist for Fox in 2016. “She’s not for women. She’s extremely mean and rude to women.”

PageSix reported on the allegedly toxic, abusive work culture at “Megyn Kelly Today,” where women staffers were belittled and demeaned by none other than Kelly herself.

“She was difficult and demanding,” Halperin said. “And if you didn’t do what she wanted, she would try to get you in trouble.”

Kelly reportedly retaliated against Halperin over a dressing-room row in which she kicked another female reporter out of her chair, PageSix reports:

Halperin worked with Kelly in 2009, when the latter co-anchored “America’s Newsroom With Bill Hemmer.” Halperin said that Kelly always got her makeup done at 8 a.m., but showed up 30 minutes early one day and tried to kick a female reporter out of the makeup chair.

“I told her, ‘Please have a seat in the greenroom or start your hair first,’ ” Halperin said. “And she said, ‘No. I want to get done and want to get done now.’ Megyn snapped her finger and pointed at the reporter and said, ‘You, get out of the chair.’” Eventually, Kelly got her way.

“The next day my boss called me. Megyn went and lied to management and said, ‘[Iren] can’t come in on time because she has child-care issues,’” said Halperin, a mother of three, who started work an hour before Kelly’s scheduled makeup sessions.

Kelly’s behavior prompted Halperin to ask to be re-assigned. Another unnamed Fox staffer told PageSix they asked to be re-assigned to a different anchor due to Kelly’s entitled, bullying behavior.

A toxic environment
This isn’t the first time former staffers have complained about a toxic culture at “Today.”

A former lead writer was fired in January after complaining about a bullying environment behind the scenes, which subjected staffers, including women, to abusive treatment. While falling short of accusing Kelly of abusive treatment of staff, Kevin Bleyer described a toxic work culture at the show.

“It is a special absurdity — and what some find a hard-to-swallow injustice — that as a team we’ve been lauded for covering harassment stories daily on air, while the staff producing those stories feels so embattled and bullied themselves,” complained Keven Bleyer in an email to NBC top brass.

Does Kelly’s allegedly abusive behavior mean she can’t be a spokeswoman for #MeToo? Nobody’s saying that – but if she’s going to style herself a spokeperson for women, she should practice what she preaches.

To: All  (136 of 156) 
 24591.136 in reply to 24591.135 
Colleague: Megyn Kelly’s push for #MeToo movement ‘all an act’
February 26, 2018
Image Source: Screenshot
A former colleague of Megyn Kelly claims that the NBC star’s support of the #MeToo movement is all an act. It’s all there in a lurid PageSix report that details claims by former colleagues of Kelly, who describe her as a bully who often makes staffers cry.
Kelly isn’t just hiding her mean-spirited treatment of other staffers on camera. Her support of sexual assault victims is phony, too, according to a former make-up artist who said that Kelly is “extremely mean and rude to women.”
Kelly: putting on an act?
In recent months, Kelly has made a point of showing support for alleged victims of sexual assault. Kelly, who herself claims to have been harassed by the late Roger Ailes, invited three women who accused president Trump of sexual misconduct onto Today last December to share their stories.
“This must stop,” Kelly previously said, in referring to workplace cultures that suppress women with complaints of harassment and abuse. “The abuse of women, the shaming of them, the threatening, the retaliation, the silencing of them after the fact — it has to stop.”
But Kelly may not be as friendly to women as she wants to appear, according to colleagues who worked with her behind the scenes.
“She’s disrespectful,” said Iren Halperin, who retired from a 20-year stint as a makeup artist for Fox in 2016. “She’s not for women. She’s extremely mean and rude to women.”
PageSix reported on the allegedly toxic, abusive work culture at “Megyn Kelly Today,” where women staffers were belittled and demeaned by none other than Kelly herself.
“She was difficult and demanding,” Halperin said. “And if you didn’t do what she wanted, she would try to get you in trouble.”
Kelly reportedly retaliated against Halperin over a dressing-room row in which she kicked another female reporter out of her chair, PageSix reports:
Halperin worked with Kelly in 2009, when the latter co-anchored “America’s Newsroom With Bill Hemmer.” Halperin said that Kelly always got her makeup done at 8 a.m., but showed up 30 minutes early one day and tried to kick a female reporter out of the makeup chair.
“I told her, ‘Please have a seat in the greenroom or start your hair first,’ ” Halperin said. “And she said, ‘No. I want to get done and want to get done now.’ Megyn snapped her finger and pointed at the reporter and said, ‘You, get out of the chair.’” Eventually, Kelly got her way.
“The next day my boss called me. Megyn went and lied to management and said, ‘[Iren] can’t come in on time because she has child-care issues,’” said Halperin, a mother of three, who started work an hour before Kelly’s scheduled makeup sessions.
Kelly’s behavior prompted Halperin to ask to be re-assigned. Another unnamed Fox staffer told PageSix they asked to be re-assigned to a different anchor due to Kelly’s entitled, bullying behavior.
A toxic environment
This isn’t the first time former staffers have complained about a toxic culture at “Today.”
A former lead writer was fired in January after complaining about a bullying environment behind the scenes, which subjected staffers, including women, to abusive treatment. While falling short of accusing Kelly of abusive treatment of staff, Kevin Bleyer described a toxic work culture at the show.
“It is a special absurdity — and what some find a hard-to-swallow injustice — that as a team we’ve been lauded for covering harassment stories daily on air, while the staff producing those stories feels so embattled and bullied themselves,” complained Keven Bleyer in an email to NBC top brass.
Does Kelly’s allegedly abusive behavior mean she can’t be a spokeswoman for #MeToo? Nobody’s saying that – but if she’s going to style herself a spokeperson for women, she should practice what she preaches.

To: All  (137 of 156) 
 24591.137 in reply to 24591.136 
Report: FBI had disturbing history of sexual misconduct under James Comey
February 27, 2018
Report: FBI had disturbing history of sexual misconduct under James Comey
mark reinstein / Shutterstock.com
The FBI motto is, “Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity,” while the white parallel stripes seen on the FBI seal are said to symbolize cleanliness and truth. However, under the administrative direction of FBI Director James Comey, the federal law enforcement agency has failed to live up to even the most rudimentary standards of decency and honor.

As former President Barack Obama’s head of the most powerful police agency in America, Director Comey oversaw an organization that was highly partisan, politically corrupt, vindictive and evasive of internal review. Yet, these institutional flaws were not the only defects challenging the integrity of the bureau; enforcement summaries recently furnished by the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) illustrate how Comey allowed a systemic culture of sexual misconduct to permeate the agency, resulting in the sanctioning of at least 14 employees since 2014.   

Feds Gone Wild
Even before the inspector general’s shocking disclosure, it was no secret that the FBI had an infidelity problem within the senior ranks of the agency.  Section Chief Peter Strzok maintained an ongoing affair with FBI attorney Lisa Page that coincided with their role as lead investigators in the Hillary Clinton email scandal and the Trump-Russia collusion probe. Texts messages shared between these paramours demonstrated that their passion for each other was only exceeded by their hatred for Donald Trump.

However sordid and unbecoming this romantic fling may have been, it barely skimmed the surface of the cesspool of debauchery within the FBI.

To his credit, and without any cooperation from the FBI, Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz found and published at least 14 instances of sexual misconduct within the FBI. In each instance, the OIG listed acute ethical violations involving either “members of the Senior Executive Service” or cases involving a “significant public interest.”

The most recent investigation concluded by the inspector general was posted to the DOJ’s website just last week and detailed an inappropriate sexual relationship between a special agent-in-charge and his subordinate. The investigative summary states that:

… a Special Agent in Charge (SAC), who is no longer an FBI employee, had provided a substantial amount of personal funds to a subordinate with whom he was engaged in an inappropriate romantic relationship.

The OIG found that the former SAC was providing financial assistance with the SAC’s own funds to a subordinate with whom he was engaged in an inappropriate romantic relationship. FBI policy prohibits a supervisor from engaging in a romantic relationship with a subordinate. On one occasion, the SAC misused his official government vehicle in connection with the relationship, which also violated FBI policy.

In another case concluded in October 2017, a Chief Deputy U.S. Marshall engaged in “sexual activity with numerous different women within government space.” The accused subject then attempted to contact his love interests in an attempt to “impede” the investigation by coercing them to lie to OIG investigators.

The cover-up
There was undoubtedly a leadership deficit within the FBI which allowed these types of affairs to proceed unpunished for so long. But was Director Comey responsible for this inaction?

Most certainly. Perhaps the most explosive charge forwarded by Horowitz was that Comey attempted to derail the OIG investigation, and he alleged in his final report in 2015 that his office’s ability “to conduct this review was significantly impacted and delayed by the repeated difficulties we had in obtaining relevant information from both the FBI and DEA as we were initiating this review in mid-2013.”

Comey’s FBI initially refused to supply investigators “with unredacted information that was responsive to our requests.” Even after months of frustrating negotiations with FBI counsel resulted in concessions, investigators “found that the information was still incomplete.”

The FBI director had the complicit reinforcement of another Obama-era underling notorious for her complicated relationship with ethics. One of the first formal acts of Attorney General Loretta Lynch as head of the DOJ was to distribute a memo advising law enforcement personnel that they were free to redact documents and withhold files from the inspector general.

Due to the bureaucratic guidance of both Comey and Lynch, Horowitz contends that his ability to investigate the case of sexual harassment was frustrated. He wrote in his report that:

The OIG’s ability to conduct this review was significantly impacted and delayed by the repeated difficulties we had in obtaining relevant information.

As a result of Comey’s intransigence, Congress was ultimately compelled to pass the Inspector General Empowerment Act of 2016 which mandated that all federal departments provide inspectors general with complete and unredacted records.

Above the law
Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Chuck Grassley (R-IA) denounced the Comey-led effort to stifle OIG
...[Message truncated]

To: All  (138 of 156) 
 24591.138 in reply to 24591.137 
Anti-Trump Megyn Kelly Just Got the WORST News of Her Career – She’s Finished! (DETAILS)
By Zack Jefferson - March 7, 2018013
Megyn Kelly hasn’t been the same since getting into an argument with then-candidate Donald Trump back in 2015.
It has been all downhill for her since that time.

Now, Kelly gets even MORE bad news.

Her NBC show is nearly done!

Check this out…

From Fox News:

Megyn Kelly’s Sunday night newsmagazine on NBC was originally billed as a weekly program, but has been demoted to a program that will air “periodically,” according to a press release sent Tuesday by the network.

“Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” had an eight-episode run in the summer of 2017 to kick off Kelly’s tour at the Peacock Network before her 9 a.m. ET daily show premiered in the fall. “Sunday Night” struggled to gain an audience, averaging 3.7 million total viewers during its initial eight-week run. The show typically lost to 7 p.m. broadcast competition such as “60 Minutes” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

The newsmagazine was also beset by bad publicity, including harsh criticism of Kelly’s interview with alt-right provocateur Alex Jones. The ratings-challenged Sunday show was always scheduled to take a break for NBC’s coverage of “Sunday Night Football” and the Winter Olympics but was expected to return.

More from Biz Journals:

According to Nielsen data, the eight episodes of “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” averaged 3.69 million viewers, often losing to repeats of “60 Minutes” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

On Friday, Kelly stars in a one-hour special in which she interviews Putin for a second time.

Good riddance, Megyn!

To: All  (139 of 156) 
 24591.139 in reply to 24591.138 
Billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban investigated for sexual assault – never charged
March 8, 2018

Billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban investigated for sexual assault – never charged
Evan El-Amin / Shutterstock.com
The last six months have been a whirlwind of sexual accusations against many of the rich and powerful. From Hollywood to Washington, D.C., a long list of elites have been accused of everything from sexual harassment to rape; while some of the accusations are later discredited, others simply didn’t have enough evidence to back them up.

That’s the case with accusations against Dallas Mavericks owner and anti-Trump billionaire Mark Cuban. Accusations that Cuban sexually assaulted a woman in an Oregon bar in 2011 were investigated but lacked evidence, according to the district attorney; the woman, however, still says she stands by her allegations.

The Accusations from 2011
In April 2011, the woman — who has not been named — said she, her boyfriend, and another friend went to the Barrel Room, a popular bar in Portland’s Old Town district known for rowdiness. Her boyfriend spotted Cuban giving photo ops outside the bar and suggested she ask for a photo.

She initially said no, but when she and her friend ran into Cuban several hours later alone at the bar, the woman asked him for a picture. “It was apparent [Cuban] was very drunk,” her friend told police later, saying that the mogul’s “eyes were half closed, he was unstable on his feet, and he was slurring his words.”

When the woman posed for a photo with Cuban, she says he put his hand on her lower back and then slid his hand down the back of her jeans, penetrating her with his finger. According to the police, one of the photos in the series taken shows that the woman’s “teeth are clenched, eyes wider than the other pictures and brow raised showing a look of surprise and strain.”

She waited over a week to contact police, saying she was conflicted about how to handle what she says happened.

Years later, she says she never asked for publicity or money, but still stands by her claim. “I filed the report because what he did was wrong,” she told the Willamette Week. “I stand behind that report 1,000 percent.”

Cuban Denies Allegations
The Willamette Week published an in-depth report on the allegations, including a partial transcript from a conversation Mark Cuban had with police when they notified him of the allegations. The billionaire appeared to be shocked and horrified, telling the detective, “Unbelievable. Unbelievable. I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. I’m just gonna be like a pariah no matter what. Oh Lord. Why did this s*** happen?”

Cuban admitted that he had been drinking but denied assaulting the woman, saying that she would have said something right then if it had happened.

Cuban’s defense lawyer, Stephen Houze, went to what the Week described as “extraordinary lengths” in preparing a defense, obtaining supporting statements from medical professionals and even getting Cuban to pass a polygraph test.

Multnomah County law enforcement eventually concluded they didn’t have enough physical evidence or witness statements to proceed, and the investigation was suspended. The case was not released to the public, until the Week’s report.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass confirmed Wednesday that the NBA would be reviewing the resurfaced allegations.

A security guard on duty at the Barrel Room that night came forward this week, telling The Oregonian/OregonLive that he witnessed the interaction. “She jumped away like she was not happy with him. That’s when the energy in the room kind of exploded.”

The Bigger Picture
Meanwhile, Sports Illustrated recently published an expose of the Dallas Mavericks team organization, alleging that Cuban’s team was a “corrosive workplace culture” in which sexual harassment was not only rampant but expected. Many who know about Cuban’s involvement in the minutiae of team operations and day-to-day goings-on say there’s no way he didn’t know about the horrific environment.

While Cuban continues to deny the 2011 allegations, he admitted that “there’s a problem” in the Mavericks’ organization.

“I’m embarrassed, to be honest with you, that it happened under my ownership,” he told SI.

The Feud
President Trump and Cuban have been feuding for years, going back and forth about businesses decisions, victories, and failures.  Cuban has delivered his fair share of swipes against Trump, including major criticisms of his ability to lead.
Were Cuban's criticisms of the president out of line?
Yes
No
Next

He has “[n]o self awareness, no situational awareness, can’t admit mistakes, no leadership skills, can
...[Message truncated]

To: All  (140 of 156) 
 24591.140 in reply to 24591.139 
March 8, 2018

Evan El-Amin / Shutterstock.com
The last six months have been a whirlwind of sexual accusations against many of the rich and powerful. From Hollywood to Washington, D.C., a long list of elites have been accused of everything from sexual harassment to rape; while some of the accusations are later discredited, others simply didn’t have enough evidence to back them up.

That’s the case with accusations against Dallas Mavericks owner and anti-Trump billionaire Mark Cuban. Accusations that Cuban sexually assaulted a woman in an Oregon bar in 2011 were investigated but lacked evidence, according to the district attorney; the woman, however, still says she stands by her allegations.

The Accusations from 2011
In April 2011, the woman — who has not been named — said she, her boyfriend, and another friend went to the Barrel Room, a popular bar in Portland’s Old Town district known for rowdiness. Her boyfriend spotted Cuban giving photo ops outside the bar and suggested she ask for a photo.

She initially said no, but when she and her friend ran into Cuban several hours later alone at the bar, the woman asked him for a picture. “It was apparent [Cuban] was very drunk,” her friend told police later, saying that the mogul’s “eyes were half closed, he was unstable on his feet, and he was slurring his words.”

When the woman posed for a photo with Cuban, she says he put his hand on her lower back and then slid his hand down the back of her jeans, penetrating her with his finger. According to the police, one of the photos in the series taken shows that the woman’s “teeth are clenched, eyes wider than the other pictures and brow raised showing a look of surprise and strain.”

She waited over a week to contact police, saying she was conflicted about how to handle what she says happened.

Years later, she says she never asked for publicity or money, but still stands by her claim. “I filed the report because what he did was wrong,” she told the Willamette Week. “I stand behind that report 1,000 percent.”

Cuban Denies Allegations
The Willamette Week published an in-depth report on the allegations, including a partial transcript from a conversation Mark Cuban had with police when they notified him of the allegations. The billionaire appeared to be shocked and horrified, telling the detective, “Unbelievable. Unbelievable. I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. I’m just gonna be like a pariah no matter what. Oh Lord. Why did this s*** happen?”

Cuban admitted that he had been drinking but denied assaulting the woman, saying that she would have said something right then if it had happened.

Cuban’s defense lawyer, Stephen Houze, went to what the Week described as “extraordinary lengths” in preparing a defense, obtaining supporting statements from medical professionals and even getting Cuban to pass a polygraph test.

Multnomah County law enforcement eventually concluded they didn’t have enough physical evidence or witness statements to proceed, and the investigation was suspended. The case was not released to the public, until the Week’s report.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass confirmed Wednesday that the NBA would be reviewing the resurfaced allegations.

A security guard on duty at the Barrel Room that night came forward this week, telling The Oregonian/OregonLive that he witnessed the interaction. “She jumped away like she was not happy with him. That’s when the energy in the room kind of exploded.”

The Bigger Picture
Meanwhile, Sports Illustrated recently published an expose of the Dallas Mavericks team organization, alleging that Cuban’s team was a “corrosive workplace culture” in which sexual harassment was not only rampant but expected. Many who know about Cuban’s involvement in the minutiae of team operations and day-to-day goings-on say there’s no way he didn’t know about the horrific environment.

While Cuban continues to deny the 2011 allegations, he admitted that “there’s a problem” in the Mavericks’ organization.

“I’m embarrassed, to be honest with you, that it happened under my ownership,” he told SI.

The Feud
President Trump and Cuban have been feuding for years, going back and forth about businesses decisions, victories, and failures.  Cuban has delivered his fair share of swipes against Trump, including major criticisms of his ability to lead.
Were Cuban's criticisms of the president out of line?
Yes
No
Next

He has “[n]o self awareness, no situational awareness, can’t admit mistakes, no leadership skills, can’t stay focused…” said Cuban. Apparently, President Trump
...[Message truncated]

To: All  (141 of 156) 
 24591.141 in reply to 24591.140 
Former child actor Corey Feldman says he was stabbed by mysterious attacker
March 28, 2018
Former child actor Corey Feldman says he was stabbed by mysterious attacker
Mike Focus / Shutterstock.comv
Telling the truth can be dangerous in the money-focused world of Hollywood — and former child actor Corey Feldman may have learned that the hard way last night.
After previously expressing concerns for his safety once he went public with allegations about a secret pedophile ring in Hollywood, Feldman says he was sitting in his car late Tuesday when a mysterious thug opened his car door and stabbed him, in what Feldman describes as an assassination attempt.

Feldman said that the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) is investigating the incident as an attempted murder, but the police tell a different story — in fact, the department denied that they were investigating anything in a statement to Fox News.

Corey Feldman victim of murder plot?
The former child star, who is now 46, shared photos from his hospital bed where he was allegedly recovering from stab wounds on Wednesday morning. He told his followers on Twitter that his security was distracted when the attack occurred.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Corey Feldman
?
@Corey_Feldman
 IM IN THE HOSPITAL! I WAS ATTACKED 2NITE! A MAN OPENED MY CAR DOOR & STABBED ME W SOMETHING! PLEASE SAY PRAYERS 4 US! ???????? THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY MYSELF & MY SECURITY IN THE CAR, WHEN 3 MEN APPROACHED! WHILE SECURITY WAS DISTRACTED, W A GUY A CAR PULLED UP & ATTACKED! I’M OK!

11:38 AM - Mar 28, 2018
4,502 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Feldman confirmed that he is doing “OK.”

LAPD investigating?
Police responded to an emergency call at the hospital between 10 p.m. and midnight on Tuesday. An LAPD watch commander told CBS2 they found the actor with a minor abdominal wound.

However, police later said there were no lacerations to his stomach and no other known injuries.

Feldman published a follow-up tweet claiming that the LAPD was looking into the incident, but the department denied any ongoing investigation to Fox News. Fox News reported:

Officer Luis Garcia told [Fox] that while Feldman was stopped at an intersection Tuesday night, the former child star stated that an unknown male made a stabbing motion at his stomach and fled. He then drove himself to a hospital.

The alleged attacker’s identity is unclear.

Do you think Hollywood covers up the actions of sex abusers?
Yes
No
Next
Revenge for pedophile ring allegations
Feldman said that he believes he was attacked by men sent by a “wolf pack” of powerful people in Hollywood to get revenge for his accusations of pedophilia. The child actor has been vocal about exposing alleged sex offenders in the industry.

Feldman tweeted:

I HAVE HAD MOUNTING THREATS ON ALL [social media] PLATFORMS BY THIS VILE ‘WOLFPACK’ & THIS IM SURE IS A RESULT OF THOSE NEGATIVE ACTIONS! I HAVE REASON 2 BELIEVE ITS ALL CONNECTED! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! HOW SICK R THESE PPL?!?

Feldman originally went public with accusations of abuse in 2013 in a memoir, Coreyography. He has said that he was sexually abused in the 1980s by powerful people in Hollywood, and that fellow actor Corey Haim, who is now deceased, was raped by those same people when he was a child.

The LAPD could not confirm that the attack had any connection with Feldman’s accusations.

Feldman’s accusations received further attention in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and subsequent #MeToo movement. He told “Dr Oz” in November that he was molested by Jon Grissom, and said in a separate interview with Megyn Kelly that convicted sex offender Marty Weiss molested him.

The LAPD dropped an investigation into his claims later in November, saying the statute of limitations had expired.

Feldman himself was cleared by LAPD six weeks ago for a sexual battery allegation over an incident in 2017.

Worried about safety
Feldman said that he began to worry about his safety in late October as a result of his allegations. He asked for donations as part of a “truth campaign” to help pay for security.

“PLEASE HELP ME EXPOSE THE #TRUTH! #Kids2,” his Twitter handle reads.
...[Message truncated]

To: All  (142 of 156) 
 24591.142 in reply to 24591.141 
Clinton victim Juanita Broaddrick calls out the media’s double standard
March 28, 2018
Clinton victim Juanita Broaddrick calls out the media’s double standard
Maurice Li Photography / CCL
Consider this: a consensual sexual tryst between two private citizens occurring over 12 years ago has sent the mainstream press into apoplexy, and an account of the affair provided by a porn star who stands to benefit from her story is considered beyond dispute. Yet, a powerful public official was once accused of sexual assault and rape by several trusted government employees while he was in public office, and these allegations failed to even register as a comparable blip on the media’s radar.

The sharp differences in public interest between the Stormy Daniels allegations and the rape and sexual assault allegations which followed Bill Clinton from Arkansas to the White House have the Democrat’s victims questioning why the media has been so indifferent to their suffering. In an interview with Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity, Juanita Broaddrick — who accused Clinton of rape in 1999 — noted how reporters are far more interested in hearing adult film star Stormy Daniels’ allegations of consensual sex with a future Republican president.

Silent treatment
The media feeding frenzy surrounding the Stormy Daniels allegations was kicked into overdrive on Sunday night as 22 million viewers watched a CBS 60 Minutes episode where the outspoken porn actress recounted the details of her alleged relationship with Trump in 2006. Hannity asked his guest if Anderson Cooper, who interviewed Daniels for CBS, has ever called to hear her story of rape when working as a campaign aide for Clinton’s 1978 gubernatorial race.

As a matter of fact, Broaddrick admitted that Cooper never asked for her story, although she sent a tweet to the cable news star in the hours before the Daniels appearance asking why she has not received a similar invitation to tell her story. Broaddrick invited Cooper to explain his silent treatment of Clinton’s victims.

Juanita Broaddrick
@atensnut
 HEY 60 MINUTES @andersoncooper  HOW ABOUT HAVING ME ON To  Discuss my Book, “You’d Better Put Some Ice On That”. ....What Bill Clinton said to me after he Raped Me. https://twitter.com/60minutes/status/976591214664474625

2:18 PM - Mar 25, 2018 · Arkansas, USA
8,623 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Fellow Clinton accuser Paula Corbin Jones agreed that the television coverage of Daniels’ interview is incomparable to any of the attention that she or Broaddrick have received. Just like Daniels, Jones received a settlement from a politician, although her own payment was received after Clinton pulled down his pants and exposed himself to her, while Daniels allegedly received funds to remain silent about an affair.

Broaddrick claims that most media personalities blacklisted her — with the notable exceptions of Hannity and NBC journalist Lisa Myers. She was ignored by the press and accused of making up her encounter with Clinton, despite alleging that Clinton raped her in a hotel room and bit her lip to keep her silent throughout the horrifying episode.

“You’d better put some ice on that,” were the only conciliatory words offered by Clinton before he quickly left the room.

Today, Broaddrick has authored a book that uses Clinton’s cruel words as the title, although media interest in her stunning account has been underwhelming. Broaddrick explained the indifference to Hannity:

I’m not a porn star, I was a hard-working nurse and businesswoman. I wasn’t a porn star so that’s why they weren’t interested in me.

#MeToo mindset
Worse than merely ignoring their stories, the press worked to discredit Broaddrick and Jones after they revealed their victimhood. Jones remembers how Clinton White House advisor James Carville once said that “you can drag a dollar through a trailer park” and people like Jones will make allegations against the president for that dollar, he implied.

In the age of #MeToo, Daniels’ treatment from the public and press contrasts starkly with that of rape and assault victims just decades earlier.

Yet, just like the Daniels’ media coverage is incredibly outsized with relation to the minimal attention received by Clinton’s victims, Bill actually committed a crime while Trump is accused of something entirely consensual.

The difference, then, can only be explained by partisanship. Clinton got a free pass because he was a slick-talking Democrat, while Trump’s lesser offenses are the subject of intense scrutiny and condemnation.

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3-12 13-22 ... 113-122 123-132 133-142 143-152 153-156
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.