Beyond Human Ken

Hosted by Ken (startrekkd)

Beyond Human Ken will host discussions primarily about the Arts: Movies, Literature, Television, Music, and Comics. DVD's and CD's. Other topics are welcome as well, such as: History, Politics, Sports, Science, etc. We also play creative games, based on the Entertainment industry. BHK covers all your entertainment bases!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Announcing BHK's Personal Register   Personal News

Started by Ken (startrekkd); 6774 views.
Ken (startrekkd)

8/4/10

Most small town newspapers devote space to "Community News": Who's getting married, who's class valedictorian, who just met the Governor, who's in the hospital, who just got engaged, who just got married, who just had children, or grandchildren, who just moved to town, who just moved out of town, who just retired, and who has died...

We have tons of interesting details about our personal lives scattered throughout BHK, most lost forever-unless we stumble across it in a search... Usually after we have forgotten about it... This folder is the answer... Whatever happens in our personal lives should be posted here!

This folder will be the heart of the forum-we will have a record of all the major and minor events of our lives, at least those events we wish to talk about...

MellowDude (Mason93396)
Staff

Ok, I will get things started....

My brother is coming to visit this weekend (coming tomorrow actually) and I am taking Friday off from work to spend time with him. I am treating him to a Braves game Saturday night. Woot!!!!!

Sliderman77

8/5/10

Eiw. Family coming over. Ick. Sorry, man...

Wife was on a four day trip to Yosemite/Mono Lake/Tahoe.  Just got back yesterday.  I didn't go, because with her gone I took off from work and had several days of much needed SOLITUDE!

PixieCorpse (LAURELX1)
Staff

My only current news is that I currently have maxillary sinuses the approximate size of walnuts.

Oh! And, as of yesterday, I'm not showering in the kitchen sink anymore.

PixieCorpse (LAURELX1)
Staff

I said I can't do that brainy thing right now! That thing! Um, um, um, THINKING. Yes. That.

Which reminds me, I have online courses to teach today. That's gonna be interesting.

Sliderman77

8/6/10

I have other suggestions to clear your head up (clogged I presume?) but kind of at a loss to explain them without sounding odd.

Try to induce high-frequency buzzing in the area to shake it loose, or perhaps snort warm water.

I used to get sinus headaches that made me scream as a kid - just saying...

PixieCorpse (LAURELX1)
Staff

Better today.

I got skin tested for allergies at age four. I have dealt with this misery all my life. Truly, this is/was the worst EVER.

I mean, I get miserable allergy/sinus flareups every year, but I swear to you I have never seen anything like the way my face looked in the mirror yesterday. I can't take decongestants, so I employed the usual steam and saline/neti pot and a heating pad to the face and gravity...and, had I a hammer handy, I'd probably have tried knocking all my top teeth out.

I had a friend in the medical field tell me "If it looks worse than it did last night, see a doctor." And yeah--it looked _exponentially_ worse the next day, no comparison. Absolutely freakish.

I am one hundred per cent sincere when I say I would rather undergo a root canal than deal with that level of sinus pain for, say, 24 more hours.

Ken (startrekkd)

8/6/10

That sounds horrible...

This is the worst year I've ever had for sinus infections

I gave Momma the infection that turned into pneumonia...

PixieCorpse (LAURELX1)
Staff

That's rotten luck, Jefe. )-: I hope you don't blame yourself.

It isn't an infection in my case--it's just allergies and the weather. And it's getting better.