Examining the Message of Wm. Branham

Hosted by JohnK63|William Branham and His Message: An examination of the teachings of William Branham from a former follower who has found new life in Jesus Christ

A forum addressing the Prophecies, Doctrine and Events in the life, ministry and Message of William Branham in light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This forum is designed for use as an informational resource.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Louisville, KY - TV news story   General "Message" Discussion

Started 5/15/12 by jesusdied4u2; 244 views.
JohnK63

5/16/12

One more thing: It seemed that this story presented the Message more as a curiosity than the danger it really poses.  I'm somewhat concerned that stories like this may do more harm than good by creating more positive interest in the Message when there was little or none before.

jesusdied4u2

5/16/12

Very true. You could tell that there could have been some strong arming by WMB followers though who had gotten wind of the story.

Plus, in today's political climate, are we really surprised? I mean look at the two choices for president. One claims Biblical Christianity but his statements even this week proves the opposite. The other claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ but is obviously in a cult that preaches a different Jesus.

Come on John.... be more tolerant ;-)
Kris (SavedKris)

5/16/12

Wow, I am really surprised they didn't have any other point of view.  "Mike" was the closest thing to balance.  I almost believed the reporters were Message believers.
JohnK63

5/16/12

>>Come on John.... be more tolerant ;-)<<

Old definition or PC?  
bpierce

5/17/12

The $110 million that VOG has in the bank now could have something to do with the press coverage. Did you see the bottom line on their IRS filing?
Kris (SavedKris)

5/17/12

No, I'll have to ask an accountant to explain it to me.  :-)
bpierce

5/17/12

VOG had a tremendous year for 2010. You can see their IRS report (Form 990) that nonprofit organizations must file each year. The 2011 report will be available later this year.

http://207.153.189.83/EINS/351609054/351609054_2010_07cf03e3.PDF

This report shows that VOG brought in over $107.5 m (yes, that is millions) in 2010. At the end of 2010 there was a surplus of almost $110 m.

While I am not saying that there is anything inherently wrong with a ministry bringing in that kind of money, it does help one to see that they are "on the map". It is this kind of money that has likely caught the attention of the news media.

Not sure who "Mike" is but it seemed to me like he may have been the one behind the news story. I did not view the story as "pro" or "con". It seemed to me to just be informational. There may be elements of it that we would have told differently.....but then again, if you took 10 different Msg believers, they would have each told the story of the Msg 10 different ways, too.  That was one thing that turned me against the Msg.....every time I met a new follower, there was a differnent slant on the Msg. No two people seemed to agree on much....other than "Br. Branham was a prophet sent to this Laodicean Age".

My take on the news story was that anyone with even the least amount of Biblical discernment could tell that this is a movement to be avoided.

God Bless you, Kris.

BP

zechariah7

5/17/12

It is this kind of money that has likely caught the attention of the news media.

And maybe the IRS ...

bpierce

5/17/12

>>>And maybe the IRS ...<<<

A Congressional inquiry was made a while back into ministries that bring in this kind of money. As far as I know, nothing much was uncovered. I can't help but think that the IRS has been informed to keep a close watch on them. Some of these ministries have private jets, other lavish benefits, etc. for their leader. Of course, I am not accusing VOG of this. 

The balance sheet that they now carry will cause them to be in a different statistical group in the IRS' eyes. They would be wise to get some independent board members to advise them on the proper procedures for accountability of their operations and uses of this wealth. If you will remember, their prophet was not very good at accountability and responsibility with money.

zechariah7

5/17/12

Your suggestions as a CPA is worth heeding ... for them. But I doubt much will change.

The corporate name [VOG] is in itself blasphemy. The Jeffersonville concern is hardly the VOICE of God.

Correct about handling money. William may have been unsophisticated and unlearned and careless but the boys should well know better by now. I wonder if they do?

As you stated, the 80 large as Joseph's salary is modest by current standards. I am wondering if that is a reflection of the average income of his constituency? Of course there are the perks if any. I remember many years ago Lee Vayle remarked that Joseph was being handed too many 100 bills. For a kid to be feted like that is more than liable to have his head turned. And here again, I know next to nothing of his lifestyle only what I have been told from time to time by those IN the Message. My contacts are really down to ONE. All the others are either beyond the curtain of time or they are effectively out of the ministry in care facilities or under home care. "I alone remain a prophet unto the Lord." [Just kidding].

Back to directors of the corporation. The prevailing "wisdom" is that God doesn't call a board but a man. William never did install "Elders" as I recall, only "deacons." Lee Vayle once remarked to me that elders caused too much trouble. I wonder if Paul was aware of that? Apparently not since he ordained elders in every church.

But, we know the Message is indeed a "mess" and it will not and CANNOT rebound short of a Holy Spirit revival and mass deliverance. None of the other cults have ever dissolved, renounced their founding and dispersed into Bible Believing fellowships.

One factor is crystal clear concerning the cults and that is, they are signal failures in prophesy, prediction, doctrine and expectations, but few leave the gathering. Wonder of wonders. They stay and have their pockets picked, their minds filled with heretical teachings and will fight you to the death for the right to be deceived. Truly it is by GRACE and not of works lest any man should boast.

Shalom.

In reply toRe: msg 1
JohnK63

5/18/12

Well, now we know what VGR thought of the piece.  See

In reply toRe: msg 15
JohnK63

5/18/12

I suppose the response from VGR is what one should expect when the man and his followers are the focus, not the relevance of his teachings.  How does one expose the errors of 20 years of false teachings and false prophecies in a 6 minute news story?  Like I said earlier, I think this story may well have created more interest for the Message than warning against it.
zechariah7

5/18/12

Surely. The same spin after all these years, denial.

"The prophet of Mal. 4."

Not so.

As for the morality issue I would agree William was never involved in the sort of activity that would bring reproach on the ministry or himself. But what of the many, many areas of "mistakes," such as the "cloud," 1977, DIVINE INSPIRATION, claim of raising the dead.

Joseph is understandably sold on what he is about, how could it be any other way? He derives his living from the minstry of his earthly father. 

The Message of William the evangelist will continue as have the other cults. Folks will come and go as in the other cults. In it all it never did achieve its primary stated goal, the restoration of all things or in their nomenclature, the "restoration of Word." Not that or the, "going up of the gentile bride and the return of Christ to the Jews." Not that or the meetings declared to be, "thus saith the Lord." Yet folks overlook the Bible and esteem Bill. And they say they seek to exalt Christ. I am too old for that line, it just is not so.

Shalom     

• Edited 5/18/2012 12:58 pm ET by zechariah7
Kris (SavedKris)

5/18/12

"There were many things that were presented as facts, which are false..."  Hey, I agree with VOG!  I am actually really shocked that they didn't embrace the news piece!

Their giving the context of the "17 years" quote is laughable, since it basically says the exact same thing!  Then they say "This is NOT objective journalism!"  Of course, objective journalism would be for the News Station to declare that William Branham was the Prophet for our age.

I'll read the rest when I have time.  Maybe the letter from VOG will cause the station to do a deeper investigation :-)