Political Beat-down and Flames -  Your Idea of Gun Control? (580 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-18 12:03 PM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 48) 
Your Idea of Gun Control?
Ban All Guns
Own Any Gun You Want
Some Guns Banned, Not All
Other

42 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

From: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-18 12:05 PM 
To: All Poll  (2 of 48) 
 96704.2 in reply to 96704.1 

My idea is the New York safe gun act. Maybe a pinch less of that law. Make it a little easier with hand guns.

Joe

I'm on Facebook as Joe Reetz. Feel free to friend me.

To: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (3 of 48) 
 96704.3 in reply to 96704.1 

Take a good long look at what gun laws (and gun bans) have worked in other nations.

And then go from there.

From: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-20 4:06 PM 
To: canuck19 Poll  (4 of 48) 
 96704.4 in reply to 96704.3 

Mainly made the poll because the RWers were saying Libs want ALL guns banned. When you look at the poll, it shows they are wrong, as usual!

Joe

I'm on Facebook as Joe Reetz. Feel free to friend me.

To: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 48) 
 96704.5 in reply to 96704.4 

I'm fine with anybody having a gun if they're not mentally ill or on a terrorism watch list.  

To: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 48) 
 96704.6 in reply to 96704.1 

Here is my idea: One and done.

Everyone gets to own a gun until they commit ONE act of gun irresponsibility. After that they lose their guns forever. Get caught with em, five years in prison. Second time, 10 years. And so on.

Commit a gun crime? Done.
Leave your gun in reach of your toddler? Done
Operate your gun recklessly and someone gets hurt? Done
Use your gun while drunk or high? Done

I think our biggest mistake is treating people who act stupid with guns as people who merely have "accidents." There is no such thing as a "gun accident." There's only crime, stupidity, and operating your gun recklessly.

To: coldstone777 Poll  (7 of 48) 
 96704.7 in reply to 96704.6 

I like it.

To: coldstone777 Poll  (8 of 48) 
 96704.8 in reply to 96704.6 

Sensible.  I would also add that guns must be locked in the trunk of a car to be transported.  I know that was the case in the state where I grew up.  Violate it and lose your right to own a gun.   Pickup, you need to buy an external lock box.  (I do not know the rule when I was young)

To: Patsfan66 (JoeReetz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (9 of 48) 
 96704.9 in reply to 96704.4 

Yes, the myth that liberals want to take all guns has been around for decades.  It is wrong now, it was wrong when it was started, and the myth will always be wrong.  But, they don't care that the myth is wrong, all they care for is that they can use the myth to promote other lies.

regards,

Pat  cool

Harry Truman

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
[Special Message to the Congress on the Internal Security of the United States, August 8, 1950]

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it - Samuel Clemens

“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract.”

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

To: BobSci Poll  (10 of 48) 
 96704.10 in reply to 96704.8 
BobSci said:

I would also add that guns must be locked in the trunk of a car to be transported.

That's a stupid law proposed by idiots. If your so afraid you couldn't control your urge to shoot someone while having easy access to it by all means lock it in your trunk and throw away the ammo. When I leave my car my gun goes with me. Where it belongs.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-48
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.