notes to each other(private) -  Let's shut her down (58 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 
I think the time has come. I snuck in here at work and there is only a few new posts. I really don't have the time anymore to get the stuff going. Ruins and All Natives are doing great. Let's get ready to put Lenni Lenape and Cherokee to bed properly. We shouldn't just let her wilt away. On behalf of Angel and Dawn, I would like to thank everyone who has helped over the years. I've tried to keep this going, but with my eyes and lack of time, I just cannot anymore.
We've had some great topics here, some lively conversations and I've learned a lot.
This is really sad...I'm actually ready to...well...shed water from my eyes. Dawn and Mike...how should we do this?

Tim

Reply   Options 

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 1488.2 in reply to 1488.1 
Tim,
There is no real way for us to shut down the forum with out Angel here .. she is the only one who has that contol button, what we can do if you really want to is to make all the folders read only that way no one can come in here and put up what ever they want to.. also that way all the info is still here for reference and such.. let me know if you are really ready to do this .. we would still be able to go back and change our minds at a later time.
Unfortuantely I have not had too much time lately either between work and things going on around here. But that way we are not limiting our options quite so much..
Dawn

From: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/8/02 5:15 PM 
To: All  (3 of 8) 
 1488.3 in reply to 1488.2 
I would sure recommend making the place read-only - even if it took some time to make all discussions that way - rather than close it. There's too much valuable info here... so much great talk... like history to me, the same way ICP is... just would be too sad to lose, ainit?

Best, Mike

To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 1488.4 in reply to 1488.3 
Its really easy actually Mike to make a whole folder read only and only takes a couple of minutes up under the control tab.. figured all that out back when I was debating on some of the other forums and what to do with them. That way nothing is done that is irreversible and will be regretted later... although you mentioning ICP makes me wonder if I remembered to check what the controls were set on there as well.. sigh never could keep up with all of them LMAO.. Hope you are doing well.. havent gotten a chance to sit and chat with anyone here lately
Dawn

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 1488.5 in reply to 1488.1 
btw.. let me know when you will be online next !! Will tell you what Uncle said when I talked to him aboutt the conversation that we had the other day..
Love ya!! and will talk more later.. right now I gotta go or I am gonna be late for the ball LMAO.. hehe

To: Guest  (6 of 8) 
 1488.6 in reply to 1488.2 
Okay. Well after reading you and Mike's response, let's let it go for a few weeks. I can still post the Cherokee News and stuff here as long as we are still getting viewers. I'm done wiht classes next month, so maybe we'll see what happens then?
Thanks Boomer

Tim

To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 1488.7 in reply to 1488.3 
Mike:

Thanks. I tlaked to Dawn today. We are gonna let it go a few weeks and then if anyhting, make it read only. How's things in your neck of NDN counrty man? I'm looking to pick up a flute, you gots any suggestions?

Tim

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 1488.8 in reply to 1488.6 
;) anytime TE...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.