Help & Questions -  Family tree information (61 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
I have been working on my family tree for years now. Researching my great-grandmother's (maternal maternal side), I have found that the family married a member of the Cherokee tribe many years ago. This information comes from stories that g-grandma told me years ago and from information contained in other people's research on this line.

Are there any websites or other references that are available that anyone would recommend to research the Cherokee line of my family history?

Reply   Options 

To: Hiker1999 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 1642.2 in reply to 1642.1 
Hiker:
There are a lot of sites out there, ancestry.com and such.
However, I would try the Dawes Roles at http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/dawes.php
If your ancester was living in Indian Territory when the role was tqaken, they should be on there.
Good Luck.
Tim

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 1642.3 in reply to 1642.2 
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the marriage happened in the 1830's. I have tried several sites and cannot turn up anything.

To: Hiker1999 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 1642.4 in reply to 1642.3 
Hiya Hiker:

Keep trying...the fun is in finding out little bits and pieces and trying to link them together, no matter what your heritage is.
Also, try some of the other forums. All Natives is a great site and has folks there that can tell you how to find most needles hiding in the haystacks.

Tim
Tim

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.