Atrocities -  Stonechild Inquiry (152 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/9/04 7:50 AM 
To: All  (1 of 19) 

Reply   Options 

To: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 19) 
 1669.2 in reply to 1669.1 
I had heard about Neil Stonechild last year. Such a tragic story, and from what I read at the time not uncommon in that area. I believe in "what goes around comes around" and I have faith whoever is responsible for his death will get what they deserve one way or another.

From: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/10/04 4:37 AM 
To: MadMess  (3 of 19) 
 1669.3 in reply to 1669.2 

My grandmother used to say that and I have seen it happen too!  I also know, that without putting a light on it...all the bugs will just keep scurrying around. LOL

That is our purpose here.  Put a light on it..and let it shine!  (hmmm isn't that a song?) LOL  Keep the pressure on, let the public know and they will get what they deserve and no others will practice that same behavior.  (at least we hope)!

To: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 19) 
 1669.4 in reply to 1669.3 
<<I also know, that without putting a light on it...all the bugs will just keep scurrying around. LOL >>

LOL... Indeed.

<<That is our purpose here. Put a light on it..and let it shine! (hmmm isn't that a song?) LOL Keep the pressure on, let the public know and they will get what they deserve and no others will practice that same behavior. (at least we hope)!>>

Hmmm... I hope you didn't get the idea that I was *against* an inquiry or getting the story out. My feelings on the subject are just the opposite. I hope they investigate until they shake *all* the roaches out of the woodwork! It's bad enough when an average Joe commits those types of crimes, but it's even worse, IMO, when those who have power over our lives do it. It's no wonder so many people have no confidence or trust in cops. I'm pretty cynical when it comes to "justice". It seems that all too often who you are or how much money you have is more important than what you've done and cops almost never have to abide by the rules we normal people do. Many times even when they're caught breaking the law they get off with a slap on the wrist. Maybe the situation isn't as bad in Canada, but according to people I've talked to it's not so different, especially where Indians are involved. I have shared the Stonechild story with many people since I first heard about it and will continue to do so as I get updates. Thanks for sharing the news.

From: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/11/04 12:40 AM 
To: MadMess  (5 of 19) 
 1669.5 in reply to 1669.4 

OH NO,NO,NO!!  ROFL!  I didn't think you were against what we are doing. (hitting forehead)  Just being a snot...

No I agree with you about the cops....I AM a cops daughter doncha know. I have seen the good cops work their butts off just to have one bad cop blow everything.  There ARE some good cops.  Unfortunately, they do take advantage of their positions oft times.  Mostly it is in the speed limit or something that we all do.  Harmless.  Then you get those few that think their chit don't stink and can do whatever they want.  Then you have some that just go along cause everyone is doing it.  Don't want to "make waves". 

I grew up with them all. LOL My Dad was a good one.  Would not participate in something he felt was wrong.  They learned not to say anything to him cause it would get around, if you know what I mean. 

There is this game.  Two groups of friends are put into two seperate rooms.  The game is about trying to figure out what the other group is going to do in a given situation and then you have to try to figure out what to do to stop them. However, it is not so black and white.  It is confusing ... on purpose.  See the only rule is if you don't understand or like the game...step out of it.  In 15 or 20 years, only one person ever stepped out. 

The whole point of it is, why are you trying to hurt other people.  People that you know?  After this game is played and not stopped.  You come in all grim faced.  Tell everyone of both groups that they can not talk for 24 hours to ANYONE!  They have to think about what they have done. Man does that go over like a ton of bricks. LOL

Get's the point across though.  Same thing with the cops.  Why?  What are they doing? Who are they doing it to? 

I like this game so much I think it should be played in school. LOL However, the schools out here don't feel that way.  They said it would make the kids depressed and make them feel like they are bad.  OMG!!! 

Okay, got way off topic there, but remembered the game and had to share it. LOL

To: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 19) 
 1669.6 in reply to 1669.5 
<<No I agree with you about the cops....I AM a cops daughter doncha know. I have seen the good cops work their butts off just to have one bad cop blow everything. There ARE some good cops. >>

You are? That had to suck when you were younger. ;) I have a few cops in the family, but my dad was "on the wrong side" when he was younger. I lived in a *small* town, and everyone knew everyone else, so by the time I was a teenager the county cops knew I was his daughter and some of them hasseled me constantly even though I was a "good kid". That's probably why I don't trust cops in general until I get to know them individually. There were a couple of county cops that treated us kids well though, and they kept us in line by being our friends. We all felt we could go to them with problems. The two of them probably prevented more crimes than all the rest put together.

<<Then you get those few that think their chit don't stink and can do whatever they want. Then you have some that just go along cause everyone is doing it. Don't want to "make waves". >>

I've met those kinds too. That was the majority of the police force where I lived. Some of the younger ones were family friends when I was growing up, but once they joined the force they seemed to change. I can't really explain why. You probably know what I'm talking about. It's like the get the badge and gun, and suddenly they're "God".

<<Would not participate in something he felt was wrong. They learned not to say anything to him cause it would get around, if you know what I mean.>>

Yeah, I know what you mean. :) Thank goodness for police officers like that. Otherwise we'd all be screwed.

<<There is this game...>>

That sounds like a lot of fun! I've never heard of it before.

From: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/11/04 12:39 PM 
To: MadMess  (7 of 19) 
 1669.7 in reply to 1669.6 

<You are? That had to suck when you were younger>

Let's just say me and preacher's son got along really well. LMAO!  He was wilder than anyone knew...literally. LOL  Would get his bosses FireBird and off we went at 90 miles an hour.  360's in the dirt.  Don't know how we never got killed or hurt. Or busted for that matter. LOL

Yeah, my family is really much the same way.  Except all my cousins came to my Dad. LOL  He tried to keep them out of trouble and off drugs.  Then there was me. LMAO!  Heck, I couldn't have a driver's license, I couldn't date...I didn't officially date until I was in the Navy. LMAO!  He trusted the preacher's kid though. ROFLMAO!!

I can't remember the name of the game, but you got the main rules.  You can make it up about anything and play it. It was a good lesson for us, made us feel like cow poop but it got the point across. LOL

To: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 19) 
 1669.8 in reply to 1669.7 
<<Let's just say me and preacher's son got along really well. LMAO! He was wilder than anyone knew...literally.>>

LOL... The preacher's kids are *always* the wildest. I don't generally believe stereotypes, but I haven't ever seen that one proved wrong. I was a preachers kid (raised by my grandpa and grandma), and once I got out of the house and on my own I went wild. All the years of repression finally caught up with me. LOL

<<I can't remember the name of the game, but you got the main rules. You can make it up about anything and play it. It was a good lesson for us, made us feel like cow poop but it got the point across. LOL>>

I'll have to try it sometime. Can you give me some examples of situations you used?

From: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/12/04 12:37 AM 
To: MadMess  (9 of 19) 
 1669.9 in reply to 1669.8 

It has been so long since I have played it on anyone. LOL You know they say the memory is the first to go...albeit I am not admitting anything. LOL 

Let me think on it and I will get back to you!  Runs off to rummage through files and drawers....

To: Melissa (RunngDear) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 19) 
 1669.10 in reply to 1669.9 
<<...albeit I am not admitting anything. LOL >>

LOL

<<Let me think on it and I will get back to you! Runs off to rummage through files and drawers....>>

Don't worry about it... I'm sure I can come up with something. :)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.