Atrocities -  Medicine Crow/Shaman in Australia?! (305 views)  (Closed for Posting) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/30/05 7:13 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (48 of 107) 
 1767.48 in reply to 1767.44 

I find it interesting. I am unchanged by that persons racism, but will continue to point it out as long as it exists. It may be a month later but that doesn't make it any less significant.

So have you met any NDN "twinkies"...

Fake and wannabes are not racist terms.

Options 

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/30/05 7:14 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (49 of 107) 
 1767.49 in reply to 1767.44 

Note. A twinky is a wannabe. Other groups use it that way. Wannabe. A word you used a couple times here. So if degrees of insult are 'immaterial' then you're no different, are you. Two wrongs.

PJ: Insults are one thing. If they are earned they are earned. Racial slurs are another topic entirely.

Options 

From: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/1/05 1:11 AM 
To: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (50 of 107) 
 1767.50 in reply to 1767.48 
Nope, fake or wannabe, not racist terms. Neither is twinky. Have heard both terms refer to someone wanting to appropriate anothers' style, beyond racial condition. Etymology is, like the two snack cakes, one wants to appear like the other. Refers to wannabe anything. Really not that common a term, usually the other's used. And no, no 'NDN twinkies' ever met. Guess some wannabe something else, but never met any that did.

Options 

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/2/05 5:32 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (51 of 107) 
 1767.51 in reply to 1767.50 

Nope, fake or wannabe, not racist terms. Neither is twinky.

PJ: I never said fake and wannabe were racist. That can be directed at ANYONE so they are merely insults. Twinkie is however, if it is directed at someone who is NOT NDN then it is race based.

Options 

From: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/2/05 10:41 PM 
To: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (52 of 107) 
 1767.52 in reply to 1767.51 

Whatever you say, darling. Have a good one.

Options 

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/2/05 10:50 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (53 of 107) 
 1767.53 in reply to 1767.52 

Thanks.

But it isn't up to me to determine whatis a racil slur and what isn't. The FACTS do that. If NDN's generate words to be used on ONLY people who are not NDN then it is racist in nature. *shrug*

Options 

From: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/3/05 9:38 AM 
To: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (54 of 107) 
 1767.54 in reply to 1767.53 
yes, dear

Options 

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/3/05 1:39 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (55 of 107) 
 1767.55 in reply to 1767.54 

Married...?

:raised eyebrow:

Options 

From: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/3/05 4:36 PM 
To: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (56 of 107) 
 1767.56 in reply to 1767.55 

Nope, but you're sure sounding wife-like. Case in point:

Post 48, you say "Fake and wannabes are not racist terms."

Post 50, agreed with you, "Nope, fake or wannabe, not racist terms."

Post 51, PJ: "I never said fake and wannabe were racist."

HellO. What'd I just say.

Believe it or not, "twinky" wasn't created to target non-natives anymore than "wannabe" or fake was. You just want to pick it apart, 'win,' vindicate, vent, bitch, I dunno.

Will tell you this. Whether you are or not, your constant obsessiveness on this one-word topic is typical of anglo behavior. Call that racist or whatever you want, no red off my skin. I just don't have time for your retentive rigamarole. Buhbye.

Options 

From: Falling on my sword for free speech :) (POLITCLJUNKE) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/4/05 9:29 PM 
To: Mike (stormstudio) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (57 of 107) 
 1767.57 in reply to 1767.56 

HellO. What'd I just say.

P:J Sorry if I misunderstood. My posting abiliy goes in and out.

MS: Believe it or not, "twinky" wasn't created to target non-natives anymore than "wannabe" or fake was. You just want to pick it apart, 'win,' vindicate, vent, bitch, I dunno.

PJ; Nope, I don't believe it. When I see an NDN called a twinkie I will believe it. I am just pointing out racism.

MS: Will tell you this. Whether you are or not, your constant obsessiveness on this one-word topic is typical of anglo behavior. Call that racist or whatever you want, no red off my skin. I just don't have time for your retentive rigamarole. Buhbye.

PJ: Since the TOPIC has not gone away I am not "obsessive", just trying to point out why NDN's may get resistance to some of their issues.

You can't cry "racism" and then be racist yourself.

Options 

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-27 28-37 38-47 48-57 58-67 68-77 78-87 88-97 98-107
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.