General Discussion -  The Cherokee Saga Continues: (11 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

Good morning and hello again,  Tim...

But why I've been so slow (if at all)  to write/speak about the ongoing African Indigenous Cherokee's ongoing hassles with the Western Cherokee faction-- reorganized as the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma-- (ala the 1970's)-- is because one simply can't even hope or pray to know or understand their siuation unless and until that person or persons delves into Cherokee history (and on more than what's been revealed via the usual--read non-indigenous--historical sources et al)...

Also one does have to take most (if not all)  of it in ala Cherokee history overall in order to realize and recognize how a once great people went from keeping the white invaders at bay from the getgo to emulating their white settler descendants...

More to the point?

What were considered acceptable or necessary compromises way back in the day have become stumbling blocks which have to be overcome for the sake of a better future for all people of Cherokee descent ala 2007...

Or to put it another way?

One individual can only say and write so much...

"And many hands make the burden ligther..."

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

Reply   Options 

From: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/27/07 11:00 AM 
To: ctj2010  (2 of 6) 
 2140.2 in reply to 2140.1 

one simply can't even hope or pray to know or understand their siuation unless and until that person or persons delves into Cherokee history (and on more than what's been revealed via the usual--read non-indigenous--historical sources et al)...

very interesting statement..for sure...because of my somewhat recent move...

I have been encountering sterotype ideas up the ying yang, being the 'shy person that I have become in the recent years' I spoke out so loudly and actually had an authority on 'native culture' shut up so tight that those that knew him had to check to see if he was still breathing lol lol

he was sooooo impressed that I had stood up to him that he wrote a 14 page article for a magazine that he publishes....and now most of the people in this country know WHO I am and where I stand... so I get many questions/comments where ever I go...

one other thing that has ticked me off, is 'cultural theft' mmm seems we know a few people that bugs as well, anyhoot...there is a group of people that are from Equador that are parading about dressed up as Apaches and promoting 'Apache music' which is really NOT... I have "talked" with them a few times and now when I see them on the street they quickly pack up an run the other way....   when I am asked why they do that, I just say they dont like that I tell folks listening to them that they are being ripped off... it really is something to see how quickly a group of angry folks can make you change you mind about deceiving them...

The WeatherPixie    

PTSD and Me               The Hunting Club

OSIYO...YIGAQUU OSANIYU ADANVTO
ADADOLIGI NIGOHILVI NASQUV
UTLOYASDI NIHI
DONADAGOHVI

"No great artist ever painted
a skinny woman!" 

Never let anyone tell you you're getting old. Just squash their toes with your rocker!

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." - Pearl S. Buck

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood - Oscar Wilde

Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all....

I am a Mind Travler......Free to wander where I will......To touch with adult sophistication the COMPLEXITIES of other worlds......Come.... SHARE with me......... 

To: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 2140.3 in reply to 2140.2 

Good afternoon,  Cloud...

And you exibited restraint et al which others who post on such subjects can't  (or won't)...

Y'see,   as is the tradition it used to be up to the actual tribal members,   not a bunch of strangers on message boards,   and hardly self serving tribal lists (made up by the whites);   which determined who had their right to become tribal members,  etc.

But something that obvious goes over the heads of some folk (or is presumed or assumed it goes over mine)...

Also,  some (if not all)  would blur the distinction between some who wasn't fortunate enough to actually be raised/reared by people truly privy to that indigenous folks traditions et al,  as opposed to some outsider and/or an opportunist,  i. e,   who is ripping off somebody else's means/ways/etc.  of coping/dealing in the so called white man's world--and in order to bilk others out of their hard earned cash too...

Ditto I put up there with a lot of other offensive labels the world  'twinkee'...

Hence somebody having patted themselves on the back who blurs the distinction between being clever as opposed to being intelligent:

They also need and I want them to realize and recognize  that some of the rest of us care not if they were or are being subtle or are in your face...

Instead?

An insult is an insult...

Where am I going with all of this?

Anything and everything which does not allow the full imput of the people involved--be it the African Indigenous folk--which some call the Freedmen Descendants--or the now farflung Anikituwagi people--as in-- if we continue to be a reaction or a reflection of the deeds and words of a relative handful--our various peoples best interests may well not be truly advanced at all!

At least that's my take on it all...

FYI...

Abaove and beyond that:

Your feedback was and is appreciated and welcomed...

(Smile)...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 6) 
 2140.4 in reply to 2140.2 

Good afternoon,  Sister Cloud!

And don't let my overly wordy posts lead you believe I'm just another overly opinionated/self appolinted know it all either!

Not!!

Also what you said and wrote is on point/on time...

Now I'll just lighten up and let's get back to writing/talking about how some of us do get along with each other!

(Smile)...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

From: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/28/07 4:27 PM 
To: ctj2010  (5 of 6) 
 2140.5 in reply to 2140.4 

lol..

computer time is a major commodity around here lol

one computer on line...five folks wanting line time...

hopefully in the next month or so a satellite might make it way to my door and then I will have serious computer time

'fraid of conversation????

no way...taken on the best

<at least they thought they were hehehe>

and still kicking  lol lol

The WeatherPixie    

PTSD and Me               The Hunting Club

OSIYO...YIGAQUU OSANIYU ADANVTO
ADADOLIGI NIGOHILVI NASQUV
UTLOYASDI NIHI
DONADAGOHVI

"No great artist ever painted
a skinny woman!" 

Never let anyone tell you you're getting old. Just squash their toes with your rocker!

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." - Pearl S. Buck

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood - Oscar Wilde

Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all....

I am a Mind Travler......Free to wander where I will......To touch with adult sophistication the COMPLEXITIES of other worlds......Come.... SHARE with me......... 

To: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 6) 
 2140.6 in reply to 2140.5 

Osiyo,  Sister Cloud...

Also message received and understood!

Thanks!

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.