General Discussion -  NDN's List to launch 'Prez on the Rez'  (8 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

NDN's List to launch 'Prez on the Rez' at NCAI
Monday, February 19, 2007

INDN's List Education Fund, an arm of the Democratic group INDN's List, will kick off its "Prez on the Rez" forum at the National Congress of American Indians next week.
Kalyn Free, the founder of INDN's List, hopes to draw every Democratic presidential candidate to a forum later this fall. "I anticipate this is going to be the biggest political event in national American Indian history. Never has this been done before," Free told The Albuquerque Journal.
Sandia Pueblo in New Mexico and the Morongo Band of Mission Indians of California are vying to host the August 23 event. "I think people are starting to recognize Native American communities and the importance of Native American economies and the Native vote," said former Sandia governor Stuwart Paisano.
The opening reception for Prez on the Rez takes place Monday, February 26, at the Wyndham Washington Hotel, where NCAI is holding its annual winter meeting.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.