General Discussion -  Mocassin Flats to be movie (9 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

The acclaimed and sometimes controversial aboriginal television series Mocassin Flats is coming back to life as a made-for-TV movie.

The dramatic series depicted the harsh and brutal life led by many of Regina's aboriginal youth, including their difficulties with gang activity, drug abuse, prostitution, poverty and violence.

It ran for three seasons on the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network before it was cancelled in 2006.

The movie, Moccasin Flats: Redemption, will reflect many of the same daily struggles as the series, but producer Laura Milliken told CBC News it will also celebrate the young people's strengths.

"The community has changed and so have we, so it's time to evolve," Milliken said in a recent interview. "I feel like everything has come full circle right now. We have some new blood involved and we have some really interesting directions to go in."

She hopes the movie, which is being shot in Regina's North Central and downtown core over the next few weeks, will rekindle interest in the series.

An extra effort has been made to hire local actors and crew for the movie, as it was with the series, she says.

Candace Fox, who played Candy Foster in the series, is pleased to be back on the set.

"I've been here since the very beginning," she said. "I think I've grown with this character and I think this movie is important for everyone who is involved because it's a big deal to us here in Regina."

The movie is slated to air on APTN in 2008.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.