Cherokee Stuff -  Cherokee paper editor told to change job (25 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

Eastern Cherokee paper editor told to change jobs
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Filed Under: National

The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians in North Carolina is telling its newspaper editor to change jobs or be forced to resign.
The tribe told Cherokee One Feather editor Joseph Martin to decide by next Monday if he wants to run the child day care operation. The move is being called an "involuntary transfer."
Martin said he's being forced out because he wrote columns in The Asheville Citizen-Times that have been critical of the tribal leadership. Also, Martin was recently forced to cut a column from the paper that aired critical views.
Martin has been editor at the Cherokee One Feather since 1996.

Reply   Options 

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 2319.2 in reply to 2319.1 

Good morning,   Tim...

But there's a lot nobody is writing or saying about this ala the Eastern Band (pro or anti Mike Hicks factions)?

So unless and until somebody does:

I'd prefer to not just make a bad guess!

My hopes and prayers cooler heads will resolve these ongoing issues and problems as regards the editorial policies/pratices/etc.  of that indigenous nation backed publication...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.