Cherokee Stuff -  Mike Dart, Cherokee Basketry Artist (143 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/28/07 12:43 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

Cherokee basketry artist to be featured at Coffeyville gathering

Mike Dart is an award winning Cherokee artist specializing in the art of contemporary Cherokee Double Wall Basketry. His baskets have placed in several shows throughout northeastern Oklahoma including the First Annual Cherokee National Holiday Art Show in Tahlequah, Okla., The Art Under the Oaks Art Show at the Five Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Okla., and most recently he placed in the 2007 Trail of Tears Art Show and Sale at the Cherokee Heritage Center in Tahlequah, Okla., which is one of the largest Native American art shows in the Midwest.

His art is quickly becoming recognized and appreciated by many collectors and institutions within the Native American art circle.

----------snip-----------

Dart’s baskets can be purchased regularly in the Cherokee Heritage Center Gift Shop in Tahlequah, Okla., or directly from him. Price ranges are from $5.00 to $1,000.00 or higher depending on the size, shape and the time it takes him to make it, as well as the types of materials he uses. A medium sized basket would generally run $50.00 to $150.00. You may find Dart and his baskets at the Annual Coffeyville Gathering scheduled at Coffeyville Community College on April 18-19, 2008, in Coffeyville, Kansas.

To read about Mike and read the entire article, click on:

http://indiancountrynews.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2195&Itemid=1

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the
slopes of Punchbowl Crater

Reply   Options 

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 2364.2 in reply to 2364.1 

Good afternoon...

And,  wado,  Jeanne...

(Smile)...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/28/07 3:37 PM 
To: ctj2010  (3 of 7) 
 2364.3 in reply to 2364.2 

Good Afternoon...well, it's still morning where I am, so I have to say "good morning."

Have a great weekend.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 2364.4 in reply to 2364.3 

Good morning,  Jeanne...

Otherwise all I can hope and pray is Tim and the others will eventually realize that I mean what I say and write:

As in:

Always let us be able and willing to agree to disagree without being disagreeable...

These were and are my feelings and thoughts...

They weren't and aren't meant to advance some agenda:

And they're hardly communiques...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/29/07 1:25 PM 
To: ctj2010  (5 of 7) 
 2364.5 in reply to 2364.4 

Good morning and aloha, ctj; hope you have a good weekend and are looking forward  to a wonderful 2008!

Aloha, Jeanne

Diamond Head from the

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 2364.6 in reply to 2364.5 

Good afternoon,  Jeanne...

"And thank you for your support-!"

(Smile)...

Also have a safe and sane New Year...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/30/07 10:58 PM 
To: ctj2010  (7 of 7) 
 2364.7 in reply to 2364.6 

I wish you peace and blessings in the coming year.

Aloha, Jeanne

Diamond Head from the

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.