Cherokee Stuff -  CHEROKEE TERRITORY - YESTERDAY AND TODAY (92 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 22) 
 2366.4 in reply to 2366.3 

Good afternoon,   Jeanne...

But,  there's such a take for granted notion of things,  actually make it a take it for granted notion of others (including those who post on these boards),  which did (and does) undermine what I'm trying to convey and get across?

I've tried to be diplomatic...

Though I do intend on being respected as well as do intend on making it plain I'm a friend (not an enemy) of indigenous folk...

That includes Cherokee and Chahta folk...

The flip side?

I'm not all that sure what either folk feel or think about what we post on message boards...

Perhaps a few might even be amazed or amused we take this stuff oh so seriously?

The issues and problems we all have to cope and deal with call for nothing less than all of the candor and honesty we can muster...

Otherwise:

Intelligent advice and wise words...

Wado,  Jeanne,  Wado...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

Reply   Options 

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/1/08 2:43 PM 
To: ctj2010  (5 of 22) 
 2366.5 in reply to 2366.4 

Maybe some people don't quite understand what you're trying to convey.  But that's okay. As long as you know who you are, what you mean, and what direction you want to go in life, that's what matters.

It's taken me a long time to learn to become centered within myself and if I'm right with myself, that's what matters.  Some people won't like me or what I think, but we can't please everyone.  And if I'm right with myself, it really doesn't matter what other people think. 

To be right with myself means that I know I am worthy, I know that other's are worthy and to do no harm.  And it means to go forth and enjoy everything and everyone the creator made.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the
slopes of Punchbowl Crater

• Edited 1/1/2008 9:18 pm by Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469)

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 22) 
 2366.6 in reply to 2366.5 

If there will be a carryover from 2007,   it has to do with the once unwritten or unspoken legacy of the British style slavery permanent enslavement of other human beings  which was also practiced  by some among the southeast woodlands indigenous nations;  as well as that attempt by others to undo the damage,   which also includes how others are nowdays trying to make excuses for that earlier and inexcusable practice,  etc...

So,  today's indigenous mainstays can not continue to say and claim their issues and problems originate with their non-indigenous counterparts mainstays,  who refused  or refuse to honor their past treaties, etc.,   but all the while they defend one of their own,  i e.,  who also now claims and says he need not continue to honor one his distant forebears agreed upon treaty agreements with the non-indigenous folk mainstays as well...

Never mind how some make and/or feel or think about the charges and countercharges as regards the Cherokee Treaty of 1866?

These sort of issues and problems can't be settled on the basis of what some merely chooses to believe:

They will have to be resolved on the basis of what some know and understand to be true...

As in:

Both and all parties were and both and all parties should be held accountable...

Otherwise those are just words on paper and nobody can or will be held accountable by them...

FYI...

Later...

Peace..

• Edited 1/1/2008 4:24 pm ET by ctj2010

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/1/08 9:24 PM 
To: ctj2010  (7 of 22) 
 2366.7 in reply to 2366.6 

But you know, Native Americans really were and continue to be victims of abuse.  And many other people have suffered and continue to suffer abuse, too.  Everyone who was put through concentration camps by Hitler suffered horrible abuse; the people brought to American from Africa suffered horrible abuse and the legacy of that abuse is still with us.

People suffer abuse at the hands of their parents and siblings. 

There are people in every culture and every country who abuse and hurt other people.

However, there are many people, including Native Americans, who come from a legacy of being victims of abuse who become proactive and decide "I don't deserve this and am not going to take this anymore."  And they take steps to get out constructively get out of a life of being a victim and become victors.  Then they lead the way for others who have been the victims of abuse.

I think when we decide "I'm not going to take this anymore," and figure out how to break this negative cycle, it benefits everyone.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 22) 
 2366.8 in reply to 2366.7 

Good morning,   Jeanne...

And your commentaries are appreciated...

But where have Tim and the other disappeared to?

This is a typical issue and problem I too have when trying to kick it with indigenous folk,    i. e.,   when they don't want to deal with it,   they just bail...

Very bad medicine...

It'll cure nothing that aills them...

Or the rest of their relations...

My life goes on anyway...

Best wishes and good luck to you too!

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/2/08 7:36 PM 
To: ctj2010  (9 of 22) 
 2366.9 in reply to 2366.8 

I don't know if this holds true in other cultures - for example in Native American cultures - but I find if I'm getting the same reaction from a bunch of different people and the only constant is me, then it must be me who's doing something that's eliciting this reaction from people.

I dan't speak for anyone else or for people in other situations.  I can only speak about what I've realized about myself.

Aloha, Jeanne

Diamond Head from the

To: ctj2010  (10 of 22) 
 2366.10 in reply to 2366.2 

Hey CJ:

Jeanne said it right. What is important is what it means to you. Shucks, I have tons on relatives on the Dawes Rolls, but I'm not registered with the Cherokee Nation. Does that diminish my pride in my heritage? No.

Does it amke me less of a human? Nope. I am who I am. That's all any of us can be.

Tim

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 22) 
 2366.11 in reply to 2366.10 

AND as for where I've been CJ. I've been working like crazy. sometimes 15-20 hours a day. I've been dealing with a major family issue that has also been taking up most of my time the past month.

Jeanne and Madam D are doing a great job keeping an eye on things. As for "other natives" running when you want to "kick it"...many times you kick at people. Case in point some of the times folk have tried to help you here and on other NDN forums.

We are not a crutch or an NDN pacifier here. We support each other and try to help with news and questions. You've kinda ticked me off with the inuendo that me and some of the others "ran away."

And, as for using the term bad medicine...was that an appropriate term to use here?

Tim

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 22) 
 2366.12 in reply to 2366.10 

Osiyo,  Cherokee21...

And,  believe me when it comes to how I'm not even--uh--sweating,  i. e.,  when it comes to what the alleged mainstays of either the easterns or westers are into:

The flip side is what leads to our grief are those among us who do...

What was the traditional drift and tone when I came into contact with our relations--here/there/and everywhere:

"If you don't make a big deal outta it,  then I won't either!"

That usually ended with a handshake and a smile...

Flashforward and now somebody needs to have a blood certificate card thingee to dance for prize money etc. at a Cherokee powow?

Now somebody hold my horse (so I can finish this post thingee too)...

A person (which some insiders consider an outsider) suggested that to those of us who give a damn about being a Cherokee reunite in Georgia?

I feel and think that's a good idea!

And how say you,  cuz?

As in:

Are you one of Kituwah's sons?

More smoke signals (or whatever medium of choice) on that particular subject would be greatly appreciated....

Wado,  Tim...

Take care...

Later...

Peace... 

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 22) 
 2366.13 in reply to 2366.11 

Now how shall I share my past experiences via indian country via the message boards?

First of all:

Believe me when I've heard and read my (I do feel and think unfair) share of criticisms etc.

Bad enough they came from indigenous folk I don't even claim to be related to:

Worse is when other criticisms come from folk who I did and do expect far more in the way of feedback etc. from...

As my own dad once said (after my second trip out west and/or to La La land) and I was floored by how a handful of latinos I came into contact with  could pass themselves off as his younger brothers:

My exaperated dad also said?

'Heck,  son,  no telling who we're related to!"

As in?

What was new to me was old to him!

Like how Chief Lewis Dowling of the Oklahoma Cherokees looked like somebody who one would've nornally have identified with riding with Pacho Villa and running them Anglos out of Mexico?

Instead Chief Dowling looked out for the best interests of the ancestors of the present day Cherokee Freedmen , i. e.,  who are now at odds with its present chief's attempts to make today's nation an 'all indian' populated nation...

Never mind those other mixed bloods who are 'indians',   by the way of which Dawes Rolls their ancestors were/are listed on,  and/or how they determine their present status on the basis of mere decimals points?

Though my and the and more to the point:

Here/there/everywhere?

We be a very mixed crowd,  bruh...

Methinks how we choose to relate to each other (or not at all) will make us role models etc.  in this so called nation of immigrants too...

The flip side of that:

Do forgive me if I wrote and spoke unfairly (or unwisely)...

Otherwise what I didn't (or don't) know (or understand) was not and is not my fault alone...

I am once removed from the part of the country/nation where my dad was born and grew up...

Hence wa/is why I'm guessing shared ancestry with the Anikituwagi:

As in the peoples of Kentucky and Tennesee...

I am also far from the part of the country/nationwhere my mom was too:

As in the Chahta of Mississippi...

So some things others can't expect me to know and understand...

Ditto I'm playing catch up...

Do keep that in mind whatever you feel or think about what I say and what I write...

I simply dont' know or understand much about your means and ways ala the message boards...

Or real life either!

So please do accept my belated though heartfelt and humble apology because no offense was intended or meant...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 1/23/2008 10:03 pm ET by ctj2010

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14-22
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.