Cherokee Stuff -  An Important Announcement (9 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/26/08 8:04 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

This is from Cherokeelink@cherokee.org, an e-mail newsletter that I subuscribe to:

A most important announcement, the Cherokee Nation is facing at least two major threats in Congress in 2008. One is H.R.2824 - a bill that
reignites the termination era and threatens the health of the Nation. The second threat is if Representatives add amendments to bills that fund
the Cherokee Nation. Please take 5 minutes to visit
www.CherokeeVoice.org and sign a letter that will be sent to your elected officials  formally opposing any threat to the Nation.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the
slopes of Punchbowl Crater

Reply   Options 

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 2378.2 in reply to 2378.1 

There are two sides to every argument and every conflict...

I. e.,   the issues and problems revolve around the fact that a particular reorganized part of the now farflung Cherokee Nation violated a hundred plus year treaty agreement (with the U. S. goverment)  in the process,   and a handful of misinformed voters were panicked into passing a new CNO constitutional admendment,  even after a favorable ruling of their own Judicial Appeals court overturned efforts of past or present elected chiefs to bar or oust descendants of enrolled members from its ranks;  with the later making a bad siuation worse (since the BIA will only affirm indigenous nations constitutional admendments when not 3 but 33 per cent of its already enrolled members even vote on it)!

Everybody has an opinion,  my dear:

Do a little more research so that even yours is a better informed one...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.