Modern Day Warriors -  150 years of Lies (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Madam D (MadamD) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/20/08 9:59 AM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

http://mendotadakota.com/mn/ this site has link for video and photos of the last few weeks of resistance....

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9306544?nclick_check=1 article with comments posted please respond to the comments...very racist ....

I was there...we were attacked....the man arrested was singing a honor song on the drum....150 years of lies...it is about stolen land and treaties not HONORED...

an elder woman was taken down for jumping on the back of the state trooper...she is in the hospital...I was at the capital steps carrying a banner...when the troopers gathered I watched…they headed to the gallows’s….we had a copy of the gallows’s from the mass execution in 1862….where 38 Dakota were hung….the troopers smashed the thing and gapped all the four people wearing hoods…the symbolism of the hoods, is before they were hung the gov tried to make the Dakota wear the hoods…the Dakota refused, they wanted to look into the eyes of those who were hanging them….

The storm troopers grabbed Steve he was on the drum singing a honor song for the 38 hung….typical…Anglia Wilson was carrying the banner with me “Take down the Fort”… a reference to Fort Snelling…which is the site of the concentration camp….she is the daughter of Chris Matonunpa…both have PhD’s….lots of higher educated Ind people protesting…treated as if we were still in the Fort….

several Dakota professors from the U of M…my daughter’s Dakota teacher was close to being arrested……me I was warned…but had a really had time with hooting when Anglia was arrested…I was stared down by the head of the troopers….he made a move toward me…but someone grabbed me and pulled me away….

we will not be silent……it is genocide of a people…honor the treaties and pay for what was stolen…the Dakota have treaties that give them the land rights of most of the land surrounding the twin cities….and one day the state will have to honor their word….

there is an Indian war happening again…from the hog farms in SD to the Mohawk land grab in Canada, to the people on the Longest Walk….they are attempting to silence us…IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN….everyone needs to speak out loud…

the helll with peace give me justice.... Debbra

Reply   Options 

To: Madam D (MadamD) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 2437.2 in reply to 2437.1 

holy crap D.
You OK? What do you need?

Tim

From: Madam D (MadamD) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/29/08 1:46 PM 
To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 2437.3 in reply to 2437.2 

thanks for asking...we are fine...the man arrested was sent to the hospital...as well as the elder woman...she jumped the officer and hit him on the head with a bottle of water...after that it was a large pile of people...you know what happens when someone hits an officer.....all hell broke loose...will let you know when everyone goes to court...I think I posted the web site... but here it is again...peace debbra

www.takedownthefort.com

To: Madam D (MadamD) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 2437.4 in reply to 2437.3 

Hey D.

I could not access the newspaper site, but I was able to go to the Take Down the Fort site and see the video.

Man, this is the first time I've seen this....ggggrrrrrrr..

You guys are in my thoughts. And yep, I know what it's like when a cop falls. I was one for 5 years...not much respect for most of them anymore.

Tim

From: Madam D (MadamD) DelphiPlus Member Icon6/4/08 9:36 AM 
To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 2437.5 in reply to 2437.4 

I thought you might still be a cop...but knew you were a reporter...
yea some cops are bull shit...sorry..

here in mpls some of the young have a critical mass ride on bikes thru rush hour traffic the last friday of each month...most take it in stride...however last fall for "training" (RNC is coming in NOV)the cops beat the protesters...court date came and 8 cops testified the young man on trial had hit the cop before the beating/arrest....well guess what 8 videos were presented to the jury of the arrest...the cops lied all 8 of them on the stand ...imagine that....the young man was found not guilty........

I was at the X cel center last night stood in line for 3 hours...1 1/2 miles long to see Obama...it was worth it....gives me hope for sure...haven't felt like this since the 60's....he is a class act...peace D

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 2437.6 in reply to 2437.4 

Good afternoon,   Tim...

But,   I'm never was down on all of the cops,   though the ones who are going over the edge to defend today's status quo are also a bad reflection of where the present white status quo is coming from...

Do remember the one about the wounded predator:

And watch your back too!

FYI...

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 2437.7 in reply to 2437.6 

Now that I've had a chance to read part (if not all) of a indianz.com reposting of what when on and down in (of all places) neighboring Ohio:

I can easily understand your anger (though the real blame should be placed on generations of non-indigenous folk who continue to exibite the worst sort of disrespect towards this continent's first inhabitants)...

Considering the iffy day by day nature of 'their'  culture's continued existence:

They would be much better off heeding my indigenous neighbors wake up calls...

Or the Creators...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

To: All  (8 of 8) 
 2437.8 in reply to 2437.7 

If part of the Long March memorial is slated to go thru my state:

Michigan...

Please do advise like minded activists et al of the Three Fires people what just went on and down in Ohio...

Hoka hey!

CTJ

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.