Stories / Humor -  Freedom to Dream!  (9 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 
Freedom to Dream!

As I met the sun for morning prayers I dropped to my knees and started crying,thinking of my grandchildren and all denied them.
   Dreams of my own childhood still fresh,of running free in the mountains,of misty morning prayers with my grandmother singing thanks to Creator.
   Oh,what days of glory for a child to go exploring,nosing into caves and streams riding ponies across the hills into the desert.
   Hearing stories at the fires learning about my Mother Earth and all who share her,imagine how proud I felt to learn the stars above were my kin.
   Father Sky and Grandfather Winds,Grandmother Sun,and Brother Moon,Grandmother Spider and all we owe her for bringing fire to the People.
   The stars above fires of the ancestors watching over and protecting,greeting each of the animal kin and stories about how the two legs came to be here.
   These stories my grandchildren hear but there is no freedom left for them,they can not answer to the dreams they can not truly learn from their kin.
   So much hurt is in my spirit the tears will come I can not control them,Creator please hear my prayers my children need their freedom!

granny!

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.