General Discussion -  A Question I Need You To Answer Jeanne-! (27 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (1 of 7) 

On the mainland,   there's emerged a indigenous faction which has declared itself the head of the new indigenous nation of Lakota:

Also what's behind the noise about Hawaiin wannabes trying to resort to the same option?

Please let me and us know what is really going on and down in your neck of the woods too!

FYI...

Aloha...

Peace...

Reply   Options 

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/30/08 2:35 AM 
To: ctj2010  (2 of 7) 
 2482.2 in reply to 2482.1 

There are a couple of different groups that have, at various times, taken over the Iolani Palace grounds and locked the public out.  Iolani Palace was the formal residence of King Kalakaua, and then after he died, of his sister, Queen Liliuokalani.  It is now an historical property under the protection of the Department of Land and Natural Resources and operated as an historical site by The Friends of Iolani Palace.

These two different groups of wannabes have no connection with King Kalakaua or Queen Liliuokalani or any of their descendants who are alive today.  The leader of one of these groups, a woman, stopped short of declaring herself the queen of Hawaii, but the man who heads the other group has declared himself the King of Hawaii and his wife the Queen of Hawaii.  He claims to be the grand nephew of Queen Liliuokalani, but I serously doubt that. 

Queen Liliuokalani had several siblings and none of them had any children except for one sister.  The sister's daughter, Princess Kaiulani, died at the age of 24; she had not married by the time of her death and had no children.  So, it's quite impossible that this man is the grand nephew of Queen Liliuokalani.

The people in these groups really came across as...I don't even know what the right words are - "not all there mentally?"

Even the pro-sovereignty groups wanted nothing to do with those people.

Jeanne

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 2482.3 in reply to 2482.2 

Good morning,   Jeanne...

And thanks for the information...

But it's pretty obvious you have your share of nutcases on the islands too!

Sigh...

Just pray for them and pray others don't fall for the scams either!

FYI...

Take care...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/30/08 1:47 PM 
To: ctj2010  (4 of 7) 
 2482.4 in reply to 2482.3 

I guess everywhere has its share of nutcases.  I'm sure every Indian tribe and nation has had it's fill of wannabes. 

This case is interesting because the wannabes really do seem to be Hawaiian; they wannabe chiefs and chiefesses, though.

Jeanne

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 2482.5 in reply to 2482.2 
>"not all there mentally?"

might it be "delusional"

Mark Madrid

_.---._     .---.
            __...---' .---. `---'-.   `.
  ~ -~ -.-''__.--' _.'( | )`.  `.  `._ :
 -.~~ .'__-'_ .--'' ._`---'_.-.  `.   `-`.
  ~ ~_~-~-~_ ~ -._ -._``---. -.    `-._   `.
    ~- ~ ~ -_ -~ ~ -.._ _ _ _ ..-_ `.  `-._``--.._
     ~~-~ ~-_ _~ ~-~ ~ -~ _~~_-~ -._  `-.  -. `-._``--.._.--''. ~ -~_
         ~~ -~_-~ _~- _~~ _~-_~ ~-_~~ ~-.___    -._  `-.__   `. `. ~ -_~
       jgs   ~~ _~- ~~- -_~  ~- ~ - _~~- _~~ ~---...__ _    ._ .` `. ~-_~
                ~ ~- _~~- _-_~ ~-_ ~-~ ~_-~ _~- ~_~-_~  ~--.....--~ -~_ ~
                     ~ ~ - ~  ~ ~~ - ~~-  ~~- ~-  ~ -~ ~ ~ -~~-  ~- ~-~

Mark S Madrid
              Web Page 

• Edited 8/30/2008 7:46 pm by Mark S Madrid (madridm)

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/30/08 9:04 PM 
To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (6 of 7) 
 2482.6 in reply to 2482.5 

Yes, "delusional" is a better word.

Wanting to be descendants from the ruling class isn't exclusive to Hawaiians.  I've run in to numerous white Americans who claim to be descendants of European or Russian royalty.  Even my grandfather claimed to be the child of the son of a Spanish duke who was disowned for marrying a commoner.  That's the only side of the family I have not been able to trace back very far, so I don't know if that claim is true or not. 

There are, though, many Hawaiians who can trace back their lineage to the ali'i class (chiefs and chiefesses).  They're not joining in with those who have delusions of grandure.

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (7 of 7) 
 2482.7 in reply to 2482.5 

Good afternoon and welcome back!

Also how goes your efforts to free Leonard Peltier?

I can't even find your blog so please let me (and us) know the status of that effort as well...

Moving right along...

'Delusional'  is a good word to characterize such folk...

But must so many of today's folk go on recycling the fads and trends etc.  of the sixties and seventies as though they don't have an original idea in their heads or a truly serious intent to better their lives or those of their alleged or real peoples?

Instead:

Some do try to make a difference...

Others just make noise...

And a few don't make much sense...

Let our eforts go on anyhow...

FYI...

Take care...

Later....

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.