General Discussion -  How Shall We Aid Indigenous Youth? (10 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

As is my ongoing habit and routine I've been checking out some of the video footage from recent powows...

What also warmed my heart and lifted my spirit was some of that footage that was taking during a recent powow on the Red Lake Chippewa Reservation...

My hope and prayers go up to and for those folks--since one youth who lost it shot up the place--and that the usual healing process will bring more than just closure long afterwards...

The flip side is the issues and problems which led to those tragic acts have yet to be resolved thruout indian country...

I have heard and read with some personal interest the deeds and words of a particular indigenous activist and his nephew to counteract the rising trend of indigneous youth resorting to emulating their non-indigenous counterparts which has been leading to gangs and the antics they resort to:

So I'd appreciate some feedback as to what you--mike--and tim--feel and think about that as well...

Thanks in advance!

FYI...

Take care...

Later....

Peace...

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.